The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

8 sec 1gb auto awd panda build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you going to spray the car to spool it?

Its actually a 72mm now an yeah we are going to stage on the bottle. But this thing comes on line fairly quick for such a big turbo.

vrp in the house

Yeah Alfi does some great work. It only helps that he has the machines to fabricate just about anything I can come up with so far. :thumb:

Actually just got home from the dyno. I'm happy with what the car made on just 35psi but at the same time know there is a lot left on the table. Converter is still slipping way to much to be used on my setup. Car was only seeing 95mph @ 8k in 3rd:confused::ohdamn::banghead: I'll be contacting Mike at sinister to see where we go from here.
Only revved the car to 8k to get a baseline of what the car is doing. As well as the pull were only full throttle from about 6k. Had to end tuning early because of bad carrier bearings causing a nasty thumping.
image-17.jpg

Video of the first pull with staged injectors. Sorry about the poor quality it was off a friends phone.
th_Video.jpg

Damn, thats really stinks. All that waiting and its still not working. I feel your pain with having to pull the trans again. For what its worth, I gained 6mph with 9psi less boost (29psi) when I switched from the sinister converter to this old hughes restall. Going back tonight and turning the boost back up.

Damn, thats really stinks. All that waiting and its still not working. I feel your pain with having to pull the trans again. For what its worth, I gained 6mph with 9psi less boost (29psi) when I switched from the sinister converter to this old hughes restall. Going back tonight and turning the boost back up.

Yeah I'm really considering that converter as a temp fix. Honestly I'm just looking for one that will stall to 32-3300 and be really tight up top. I'm thinking about installing a pressure gauge on my cooler line to see whats really going on.

It seems everyone has issues with sinister converters. I will get either a bradco or IPT when the time comes and hopefully avoid what you guys are going thru.

Great numbers thru the auto at 35psi from what you said. With the right converter you should be set for some record setting e.t's.

Yeah this torque converter is really starting to be a pain. I even started thinking up ways to install a clutch instead of torque converter with the auto trans.

I use a local converter shop for my restall. Thought about playing the converter game a bunch of times, but have never seen good results with the newer converter options, and not enough from Bradco.

My restall held 4700 last time out and dialing in the car. Went through the traps 134/8k

This is on the 9.5" core 2. A restall with balloon plates is looking very likely in my future.

Wonder if there max stall 10" core is going to be the same problem. Sucks trying to find a good converter that works, well for the 1Gs at least.

As much as I dont want to deal with IPT, I may have to order up a restall from them.

Wonder if there max stall 10" core is going to be the same problem. Sucks trying to find a good converter that works, well for the 1Gs at least.

As much as I dont want to deal with IPT, I may have to order up a restall from them.

I had an IPT restall in my car before the Sinister and I wish I just kept it. Would have saved me time, money, and TONS of aggravation.

Hey guys just an update. Taking the car to have the cage installed tomorrow. Went out and bought a 2g trans and precision converter. So hopefully in two weeks I should see the track.

I had already tried getting pro torque to make me a converter. They told me the best the could do was a restall.
B34CB9F3-30FC-4DC0-9A63-E5966F88A2CD-1511-000000CB53D9D6A9.jpg

C59B974B-B387-4EA5-A7CE-1D0F8372C27E-1511-000000CB5980817D.jpg

B76BB7F9-6232-4F20-8A96-49BC5178F471-1511-000000CB5F0FA52B.jpg
Hmmm Going to look for my old invoice. Joe sent me one with no core. sorry I missed your reply. Who is doing the cage ??? Mtk welding race car does work for ivey tune and can help you out with the cage

2 more weeks. The suspense really stinks. Good move to the 2g trans and PI converter.

Hey guys just an update. Taking the car to have the cage installed tomorrow. Went out and bought a 2g trans and precision converter. So hopefully in two weeks I should see the track.

what kind of cage? 25.5 or 10 point? chromoly or mild steel

12point chromoly cage. Kris thanks for the pic please feel free to post more of the progress. I'd love to see how it is coming along since I can't get out there to see it.

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back