The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

1Gb AWD Auto build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prib9671

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 9, 2009
Rathdrum, Idaho
This was my first car! I was young and had no knowledge of vehicles and no real interest in modifying them back then. My brother-in-law kindly showed me the ropes of turbos and the potential therein. From there of course I've now become a full on mechanic as many of you know these DSM's will make a mechanic out of you. At first I started doing small bolt-on mods at first and didn't know anything about real maintenance until the timing belt snapped! The car sat for a little while why a saved up some money to rebuild it. Over that course of time I found out what automatic AWD DSM's can do, so I decided to build it. See my video below of the timeline of events. Will be finishing the project soon hopefully with results and times! Thanks

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouq8SHxbIBc]My 1g DSM Build...Still In Progress - YouTube[/ame]

Awesome video what are your goals for this build?

Hopefully between 500 & 600 awhp reliably with full spool of 30+psi by 3500-4000 rpms! And be able to drive it to the track and back home. I feel this is a pretty realistic goal. Unfortunately we don't have e85 too close to me so I will most likely buy it by the 55 gallon drum and just not wander too far from home.

I think he has an hx35 and thats a modest goal almost what id like to be at. But looks great and keep up the good work Ill keep my eyes on this build to see where it goes.

What turbo do you plan to get that spool with?

HY35 :D! They have a small 9cm open T3 exhaust housing from the factory and I welded the flapper shut then welded in a "wall" to block off the open area for the internal gate to help the exhaust flow out as smooth as possible. I also made a pretty close to equal length manifold so hopefully I will be able to reach my spool goal.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back