The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

4g63t twin engine

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoscoobie

Proven Member
Jan 6, 2014
weston, Wisconsin
I had heard a story of a dsm with 2 motors, one in the front and another under the hatchback, Has anyone seen this?

Vineet Singh's car. He's also known for scanning the service manuals and putting them on CD.

I might have turned a bolt or two on the car along with many other Chicago DSM/3S people. :)

I remember long ago (10-14 years ago) videos were coming out about that car. It sounded really interesting hearing both motors rev up simultaneously. I never knew what became of it though.

I just was curious, WOW It does exist!!!
Gotchya... I didn't know if you had too much free time and were going to attempt something similar or something :). There is no doubt that there is definitely a cool factor with this car. The first time I heard about it I was like WTF OMG... Followed by a holy F*%$...

It's a very cool car and a cool project, it takes very good fab skills to make a car like that but it's completely useless until you put like two 700+hp engines in it. What is the max hp a single engine can make in a dsm?? about 1300whp maybe so IMO it doesn't worth all the trouble if you don't make higher hp than that.

Two automatic fwd transmissions. Not hooked together, dont have to be works perfect.
I want to do this too but the only reason i havent is because its not allowed at my local track

Would be easy to do, of course time consuming. Just cut a huge hole in the back of fwd talon, install a conplete front subframe in there, weld it all in then try to find a place for radiators and fuel tanks

My idea was/is to use a auto in the front and a manual in the rear. The gas pedal is for the front and the auto shifter is off to the side
The rear engine uses the foot clutch and center shifter and trigger finger on the shifter throttle

I wonder how it handles a corner at WOT.

I don't remember ever finding out, but at WOT I'd bet it would have been very squirrely. If I remember correctly WOT is a straight line was squirrely enough.

I was working on a throttle system using two of the 90 electric cruise control actuators for a Drive By Wire system but that never happened and the car used two throttle cables to the single pedal.

LOL yeaaah if we could get that guy on here there is an endess list of questions ppl would ask him, including me...hahaha

I haven't thought about this sence uuuummm... 2006-2008
Cool car.
I've always thought it would be cool to see it in person.
And if I had the time and money I'd do it to a 2g talon.
Fwd auto in frunt and fwd manual in the rear.
Also find a way to put M/T rear motor throttle cable on throttle pedal and automatic frunt motor throttle cable to the manual shifter.
Then have a fwd/rwd drift car... Lol j. K. ...
But yes I remember the twin engine 1g on the web like 10ish years ago

yessss that is a cool video, was that reliable? it kindda seems like there would be tons of stuff breaking and malfunctioning with the drivetrain being two separate units.

I dont know what that particular car weighed but i would expect it wouldnt be too hard to get a twinny around 3000 lbs even. Lots of fwd talons around the 2200 lb range so just add another 500 lbs. a fwd trans is 100 lbs, engine around 250, etc.

i will do one of these in the next few years. Id prefer to do auto/manual but im probably just going to go manual/manual I have a rough but not falling apart 90 awd i can use. I have 2 fwd turbo trans, extra Engines, ecus, conplete fwd front subframe. It will happen
Its been on the planning stage for years for me! Lot of different chassis to pick from but i really love the 1g and this one will be antique soon so cheap plates.
Itll be a pretty useless car! Cant track it (twin engines are not allowed) and super impractical! No trunk, no back seats. Horrendous fuel economy, but id probably just disconnect one of them.
Itd be worth the effort just for the bragging rights, and it would be a fun build

Wow!!! That's just strange. What's the point spending twice the money on motors, more time to get things work? And twice of the chances things would break or goes bad. Someone must have a lot of free time, money and skill.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back