The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Rix Racing

2G 4g63t swapped

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4g63tswappedgst

Probationary Member
Oct 15, 2014
joliet, Illinois
I have a 4g63t swapped gst and was wondering what turbo I can use safely for a little more power or if I can get a tune

That would make sense that it came with it I'm new to dsm I was told this by a16yr old who owned it but couldn't drive LOL

Lol oh boy!! ;) I would do maintance before anything bro. But a 14b is a great cheap upgrade over the stock t25. If you throw in some 550-850 fic's injetors and maybe walbro a 190 or 255 (would need a afpr to run correctly). And a safc2 or even better ecmlink, you will have a potent beast and handle 17-20psi no prob! Oh and throw in a set of arp head studs for insurance! Maybe he meant he did a 6bolt swap!?

Im thinking he just meant they put a new motor in then ??? And all that sounds expensive kinda limited on cash (wife and kids)LOL

What turbo does it have in it now? It looks it has an FMIC , the previous owner may have already changed the turbo? You should find out what turbo it has now and what other mods it has already before you start changing things. Post some pics of the engine.

Last edited:
Na you can find most of those parts on here cheap. But like mentioned above definitely get the low down on what's under the hood exactly. Just start small and work your way up. Here's a few guides to look thru and get some ideas. Post a good pic of the front of the compressor cover and we can tell you what turbo is in there. http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/2g-dsm-upgrade-paths.486217/#post-153470259

Heres the motor[DOUBLEPOST=1413474796][/DOUBLEPOST]Heres the turbo well as much as I have right now

Attachments

• received_712808478805868.jpeg.jpg
    received_712808478805868.jpeg.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 181
  • received_712808472139202.jpeg.jpg
    received_712808472139202.jpeg.jpg
    108.4 KB · Views: 166
Looks like it still has the stock turbo. The intake and BOV have been changed. The BOV should be recirculated you sould look into finding a 1g BOV or one that that can be recirculated. The intercooler pipe coming off the TB looks a little wierd. How does the car run? You should make sure all maintenance is done before you start moding it.

Yuppers that's def a t25 your rocking there LOL! And ya wow some really sharp bends in the piping going to the throttle body. I would personally redo all of that. And like mentioned about find a 1g bov or one that can recircualte properly. Your car will run so much better that way bro! I'd also find a way to get the fuse box back in stock location or near it. You don't want that thing bouncing around!

The fuse box is in the right place that was just the cover LOL[DOUBLEPOST=1413495992][/DOUBLEPOST]After maintenance what would I be able to do before needing a tune

That's good bro! LOL it's best to get some tuning software and start learning! A boost gauge and wideband are great tools to have to tune and monitor the motor. You can ditch the t2small and get a 14b! Haha like meantioned get a better bov or figure out how to recirc the one you have. Take that filter off the valve cover and plum a line in like its supposed to be! Pretty much undo all the mods the previous po did LOL, they are wrong and actually are hurting performence!

That tb pipe looks weird as hell as mentioned. adds a bunch of extra couplers to leak from

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back