The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Spyder 4g63t Intake Manifold / Gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

victim

Probationary Member
13
3
Jul 24, 2026
seattle, Washington
Hello! I've had a seemingly decent sized coolant drip coming from my intake manifold and noticed my coolant would disappear rather fast in the radiator hose which I believe to be the gasket. I have been trying to find any videos / threads for replacement but haven't had much luck in finding any information,. I've already purchased a new gasket but not sure if there's another part that could possibly be broken that I should be worried about?

It seems to be leaking down around the middle and have noticed a vacuum leak which was already diagnosed by previous owner in low rpm.

Just trying to get any help / information threads or videos that would help in replacing the gasket for this and taking everything apart
 
Agreed. Can you describe a little more where the leak appears? Top or bottom of manifold?

There should be no coolant past the throttle body on the intake manifold. Underneath may indicate a head gasket issue.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX 5 Speed
    Selling a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX. 5 speed manual, Red on Tan leather. 83,500 miles.
    • radron26
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 1g Carbon fiber center tail section
    Carbon fiber cover for center tail light light section
    • arodgst
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • Wanted 2g 1995 eclipse gst ext trim above side skirt
    Looking for 1 exterior trim pieces.Passenger side: Door cap (long piece above side skirt)
    • athlete3344
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 1g Valvetrain Parts
    Hello All,I am in search of a few things. I need to replace the valve seals on my 1g 7bolt...
    • barza21
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 2g VRSF 2g FMIC.
    Bar and plate. 28x10x3.75. 2.5 inlet and outlet. 36.5 on center inlet and outlet Pretty...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
Back
Top