The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Intake manifold gasket

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nasty_4g63

10+ Year Contributor
Jun 19, 2012
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
So last week I replaced my intake manifold gasket it was blown out at the injector for cylinder 2. I have been having some issues this week with it running rich and miss firing. I ended up doing a boost leak test this morning and it was leaking in the same spot again. I started to think it was my lower injector seal changed then and it still leaks. I bought another intake manifold gasket today and I was wondering what should i put on the gasket. I have copper gasket spray and rtv sealant. The last gasket was put on with copper gasket spray. (sorry if i have bad grammar or spelling I am posting this with greasy hands on a laptop that isn't mine LOL)

Check your IM flange to make sure it isn't warped. If it isn't tightening down properly then you will keep blowing gaskets. I use a regular Fel-Pro IM gasket with copper spray on the side without the pre-applied sealant. It holds 35 psi with no problems. Both mating surfaces are perfectly flat!

I put the new one on last night. I took 1glasers advide copper on the one side. the one i blew out was a felpro and it was ony a couple days old. I put another felpro one in and it runs agian finally.

Sorry to post this here but since we are already talking about intake manifold gaskets, would a bog at about 3000-4000 rpm be a symptom of a bad gasket? Its almost as if the motor is dieing for a split second. It doesnt always do it which makes me think its not fuel or spark. Is it doing this from running too rich due to a bad gasket?

Sorry to post this here but since we are already talking about intake manifold gaskets, would a bog at about 3000-4000 rpm be a symptom of a bad gasket? Its almost as if the motor is dieing for a split second. It doesnt always do it which makes me think its not fuel or spark. Is it doing this from running too rich due to a bad gasket?

It's possible, do a boost leak test and find out.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back