The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Help Intake manifold gasket??

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rixcidia

15+ Year Contributor
Dec 5, 2007
Somewhere in BC, B.C._Canada
Hey Guys I need to order an intake manifold gasket for my 2G and I deal with RTM Racing for my supplies but they have 2 gaskets they carry for my stock 2G manifold and I just dunno what the diff is and if the cheaper oem will be fine but one is the OEM Intake Manifold Gasket for CDN$11.69 (USD$11.85) and second is their RTM Heat Barrier Intake Manifold Gasket for CDN$42.99 (USD$43.59) please let me know your input the pics of both are:

Thanks Rix

Attachments

• image-1644857366.png
    image-1644857366.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 189
  • image-2841682879.png
    image-2841682879.png
    20 KB · Views: 144
Hi there thanks for your reply that makes me feel more comfortable on buying the o.e.m. Gaskets now :)

Rix

The heat barrier gasket works to prevent heat soak from your cylinder head. Or in other words, it helps to control your air temperatures going through your intake manifold. This is also referred to sometimes as your IAT's I believe.

I run the heat barrier gasket and a added plus is that it's reusable. If and I say if you plan on doing a lot of mods than this becomes invaluable after removing and installing your intake several times. But you have to make sure you torque it down evenly and to spec as it will deform if over torqued.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back