The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

1Ga shortblock in 1Gb gsx using 1Gb head

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cedric Van Roeyen

Probationary Member
Dec 23, 2016
Sint-Niklaas, Europe
Dear dsmmers,

I've been searching around for a good while and I can't seem to find clear information on how to use a 6bolt block from a 1Ga in my 1Gb gsx using my 7bolt 1Gb head. Is there a guide to follow that I missed ? It sounds like it should be a common thing that would've been done already.

Greetings from Belgium and thanks a lot in advance ;)

Thanks a lot for the quick response.

So in essence it is just a direct swap? And as I am planning on doing arp head studs I need the dig a bit further into that.

Probably you can "install" it but not ideal. I recommend you to enlarge the holes, at least enlarge the oil teardrop hole. So there would be less concern and less trouble.
And if you don't enlarge all holes, you maybe have a hard time to remove the head next time, since some studs may get stuck.
This is from my experience when I bought my 2g. The car came with 6 bolt block / 7 bolt head / ARP studs. The previous owner didn't enlarge the holes when he did the 6 bolt block swap. The car was actually running fine but I had a hard time to remove the head.

Well my end goal is 550hp so arp head studs will probably be a necessity. Thanks for your advice I'll see if a machine shop can do that for me since I need to let my threads redone for the exhaust manifold anyway . Have a very nice day/ evening / night ;)

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back