The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1977 s30 Datsun 280z 4g63T w58 Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DatsunBlake

Probationary Member
Jul 28, 2013
Peoria, Illinois
Hey guys.

Little info about my build: started off with a 1977 Datsun 280z. I drove all the way from Delavan, Illinois (Close to Peoria) to Kansas City, Missouri just to find the right one. It was almost 600 miles or so. 2200 bucks later i drove home my baby: a shit brown/maroon colored Datsun 280z with a N/A 2.8L inline 6 and a 4 speed manual. ( try 2700 rpm at 65mph ) It was all there Gauges all worked seats and interior were nice suspension bushings tight and all fluids were changed religiously. The guy had receipts for almost everything.

So here i am a few months ago:

I hang out at a local "dsm" forum in Pekin, Illinois. So naturally i learned enough about the 4g63t to be intrigued. Now i wanted a car that was nice to look at and would surprise the hell out of people when i took them for a ride. I like v8s because my dad raised me on SBC and BBC cars. But i never liked how v8s are put in everything and wanted to keep the weight down on the Datsun in case i decided to autocross it later.

I also want to do this on the cheap.

So there's the problem is i want a reliable, cheap, and somewhat quick Street/Strip car.

Parts List ( Hopefully soon)

6-Bolt
Stock Refreshed Head
Machined Block ( hot tanked, and the works)
ACL Bearings
stock pistons
stock rods
ARP headstuds ( the cheaper ones help me out here)
2g Maf ( i have no clue what i can run)
3 bar Map or 4 bar map
E85
dsmlink
ProSport gauges
1250cc injectors ( maybe if it idles okay. )
tial wastegate
garage mod 1g bov (love the sound)
big 16g
titanium manly valve springs ( or something upgraded )
adjustable cam gears
gates timing belt
clear timing belt cover

shooting for around 300-350whp...

-------------------------------------
Trans and driveline:
Stock r200 nissan rearend (comes stock on 280z)
Welded diff (for now till i can get a 300zxtt center section)
W58 supra trans with bills fab bellhousing
short throw shifter
upgraded half shafts in the rear end.
hopefully do bushings in all the rear driveline mounts.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
currently the car is being painted and i will have pics up soon!

Thanks for reading!

Attachments

• 995468_10201732683102623_2133251967_n.jpg
    995468_10201732683102623_2133251967_n.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 396
Thanks alex! ill be posting soon... Cordova dragway has their street shootout for all the local guys around me. so ill be going to that tomorrow.

We need the s30 4g group! And My questions are: what does a good solid running stock 4g go for these days

Seen a few post on craigslist (ca) a "rebuilt" 4g for 1000. Just never know what your going to have the first time you crack it open. You should just take your time and build a block yourself. Seen a 6bolt with crank going for 50$, looked pretty good all bearings still in place.

its been almost a year since my car went into paint but bad news is: i got the car back from the painter in pieces. he didnt wanna do it so im at a loss right now.. My talon is under the knife as well and i am painting the engine bay.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back