1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

Widebands

Posted by eclipse420ags, Jan 24, 2012

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned
  1. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Simply put whats the best type of wideband ont the market for a reasonable price?

2. XiKeiyaZI

XiKeiyaZI Proven Member

Joined Dec 28, 2008
    Dyersburg, Tennessee
    There are several types, but the more commonly used and supported are among the Innovate LC-1 and the UEGO. Just do a little research and figure out what brand is good for you as there are several other brands available. Those are, however, two of the more common that you will see around the community.

833  0

1998 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  3. pos4g63

pos4g63 Proven Member

Joined Sep 9, 2011
    St.louis, Missouri
    I really like the Innovative LC-1. I just picked a new one up for 160 shipped from ebay.

409  0

1990 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    · 1G DSM
  4. Force Fed 4g63

Force Fed 4g63 Proven Member

Joined Feb 27, 2009
    Aiken, South Carolina
    I've had the LC-1 and the UEGO, I like both but the LC-1 is my personal favorite. Has more options as far as data-logging goes.

5. dsmlover07

dsmlover07 Proven Member

Joined Jan 13, 2012
    Kalamazoo, Michigan
    Innovative and link for me a great combo.

6. WES_393

WES_393 DSM Wiseman

Joined Jun 6, 2011
    Colo Spgs, Colorado
    I use an AEM UEGO. It logs great, works flawlessly, but the price is a bit up there.

7. red_devil

red_devil Proven Member

Joined Jul 13, 2005
    Richmond, Virginia
    Innovative MTX-L install easy and clean like a UEGO but better to tune with.

2K  9

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    manual · 2G DSM
  8. Gostlrs

Gostlrs Proven Member

Joined Jan 27, 2009
    Buckeye, Arizona
    ProSport Makes one as well....It is the one I plan to go with since my other gauges will be ProSport

9. gofer

gofer Moderator

Joined Feb 18, 2006
    South Gilbert, Arizona
    I'm a AEM UEGO user but I recommend the LC1 or MTX-L simply because getting them to log in ECMLink is a lot simpler. The AEM UEGO is a great wideband gauge however, if you're trying to get it to log accurately it can be a headache at times.

:dsm:

Street Build 18K  13  61

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    11.634 @ 126.050 · 2G DSM

3K  0

1997 Mitsubishi Eclipse N/T
    manual · 2G DSM
  10. dsmspick

dsmspick Supporting Member

Joined Apr 7, 2011
    Overland Park, Kansas
    Im a fan of 14point7 widebands and all he has to offer.

2K  0

manual · 2G DSM
  11. Eclipse2630

Eclipse2630 Proven Member

Joined Dec 8, 2011
    Fort Stewart, Georgia
    i use the AEM UEGO as well i love it, but like the others said do some research on what will fit you best such as logging and whatnot

302  0

1998 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    manual · 2G DSM
  12. 4cedFed

4cedFed Proven Member

Joined Jan 21, 2012
    Orlando, Florida
    i have and have had the AEM UEGO in all my cars/dsm's. to me the best wideband for the price.

5K  0

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 1G DSM
  13. Rob88

Rob88 Proven Member

Joined Jul 1, 2007
    Portland, Oregon
    ive used the aem the inovate LC1 and the MTX. hands down the innovate MTX is better. easiest to install. responds WAY faster then all of them. responds almost as fast as u can log it. programmable and you can recalibrate it so it will always be accurate. and also its about the same money with interchangeable faces. innovate is also coming out with gauges for boost oil pressure and water temp to match aswell soon.

14. jpmxrider489

jpmxrider489 Supporting VIP

Joined Apr 4, 2010
    pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    I have the aem uego used with link. And it's great. I've never used any other.

Street Build 73  1

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  3

1995 Eagle Talon TSi
    fwd · automatic · 2G DSM
  15. dsmspickdad

dsmspickdad Supporting VIP

Joined Aug 18, 2007
    Leawood, Kansas
    Ditto, on the 14point7.com he offers some great WB with all sorts of options! I really like the options and great support.

16. eclipse420ags

eclipse420ags Proven Member

Joined Feb 20, 2010
    Martinez, Georgia
    Ok thanks I was leaning more towards EUGO at first but LC-1 sounds like more bang for your buck.

17. clipto

clipto Proven Member

Joined Oct 8, 2011
    Portland, Oregon
    AEM uego wideband...Practicly:thumb: plug and play get it got it good.

18. SOADweskey

SOADweskey Proven Member

Joined Dec 11, 2006
    Jacksonville, Florida
    It isn't the cheapest but I think all the added features make it worth it, I'm running the Zeitronix ZT-2.

Zeitronix Zt-2 : SEMA Award Winning Wideband Engine Datalogging System

Not only is it logging wideband O2 in my car and feeding it to ECMlink flawlessly but I also have it logging RPM, TPS, boost, and Oil Pressure. I also have the added on ZR2 gauge and the ZAVT-1 warning box.

This setup allows me to have audible alarms programmed with high/low oil pressure to turbo and also it my AFR goes to lean under boost. I think it was one of the best investments I have made in helping me tune and protect my car.

Plus Zeitronix is designed and made in the USA by old school DSM guys.

19. bmil13

bmil13 Probationary Member

Joined Dec 1, 2011
    Johnstown, Pennsylvania
    I like the uego. Never had any problems with any of them

20. Blurred Talon

Blurred Talon Proven Member

Joined Jan 2, 2004
    Paradise, NL, Canada
    AEM is nice however, when running ECMLink there can be issues with logging it.

I'd opt for the PLX one as it's a bit better though more expensive.

Street Build 2K  0

1996 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  21. Calan

Calan DSM Wiseman

Joined Jan 16, 2007
    OKC, Oklahoma
    Another vote for the Zeitronix. The versatility-to-price ratio is nice, and it's worked well for me over the last 3 years or so.

4K  0

1992 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    15.2 @ 89.300 · 1G DSM
  22. talontd92tsi

talontd92tsi Proven Member

Joined Apr 2, 2005
    Waynesburg, Pennsylvania
    I had the AEM UEGO in my last DSM and it was a total pain to get to log right. From what I have read, I will be buying the Innovate MTX-L for my next project. If you use Link I would personally stay away from the AEM due to those issues, but other than that mine worked flawlessly.

2K  6

1990 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    10.96 @ 124.9 · 1G DSM
  23. 98gstbrad

98gstbrad Proven Member

Joined Oct 11, 2011
    waco, Texas
    aem uego wideband you can pick one up for about 200 it comes with a great sensor that lasts a long time and it is very self explanitory gives you 2 types of readings which is digital and analog i love mine and so does everyone that i know that has one

24. LiquidX

LiquidX DSM Wiseman

Joined Sep 19, 2008
    Anywhere, Pennsylvania
    I vote for the Innovate MXTL. If you considered the UEGO, stop considering it and go for the MXTL.

The MXTL is hands down a much better unit than the UEGO. Wiring is as simple as the UEGO which is the main reason people choose it. The only thing that the UEGO has that is preferred is a photo cell for auto dimming.

The MXTL has a much wider sweep range from 7.5-22.0:1 which is fully programmable to a narrower range of your choice if you want to. I personally have my sweep range from 9.5-20:1 as that's my useable range. The UEGO is a static range which cannot be set outside of factory settings, it is also not able to be calibrated either which is a major downfall.

The MXTL is the same cost as the UEGO so support Innovate as it not only has more features which are 100x better, but it's more accurate as well using the LC-1 controller which is located in the gauge.

Street Build 3K  0

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    manual · 2G DSM
  25. synthetek

synthetek DSM Wiseman

Joined Dec 13, 2005
    La palma, California
    +1 for Zeitronix , They have there own logging software, several display options, narrow band simulation, it can do egt and other functions as well.

3K  0

1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GSX
    13.629 @ 99.970 · 2G DSM

Street Build 2K  0

manual · 2G DSM