The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who has the fastest HX35 DSM in a .55a/r bolt on housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you can't make more power with the bolt on housing, then your left with either taking weight out of the car, or being content with what you have. There are no full weight hx35's in the 10's with a bolt on housing that I've come across (and I've been searching for the hx35 records for 3 weeks straight now).

I'm interested in this. Any chance you could post a mods list or you can even PM me if you want. Also any tips you may have for getting this out of the setup. I personally don't see why 10's aren't very possible but I'm going to try.

My mods list in my profile is up to date! I don't really have any tips or tricks. My setup is about as basic as it comes. I wish I lived closer to a track because this car has tens easily! My 11.2 run I had a cracked intake manifold and an easy launch. All of this was with my very tired motor and my own tuning. My number 3 cylinder is at 90psi and the rest are around 120. Now that I switched back to a stock intake manifold the car feels amazing and is running harder than ever. I believe that my car has an 10.6x in it as is sits right now and cant even imagine how fast it would go with a healthy motor.

The only thing I can suggest for getting tens is an auto trans!!! Its incredible what these stock transmissions are doing and how fast they can be made. It was the best mod I have done to my car yet! That and e-85 have really helped me. Also weight really helps! I just wish I wasn't so picky and would strip my car but I just love my full interior car to much.

If you can't make more power with the bolt on housing, then your left with either taking weight out of the car, or being content with what you have. There are no full weight hx35's in the 10's with a bolt on housing that I've come across (and I've been searching for the hx35 records for 3 weeks straight now).

Im just about full weight besides things like a/c power steering, bumper supports ect. Full interior and everything! It weighs in at 2900lbs without me in it!

I got a new best MPH this weekend at Imports Vs. Domestics World Cup Finals @ Maryland International raceway. I normally get 60' times in the 1.8s or 1.7s on average, and the best i did at the track on a slightly different set up, was a 1.98 60' which is down right bad and i ran 11.79@127mph. With that trap speed, my car has low 11's in it for sure. I just need to launch better and not worry so much about shifting fast and bending valves.

I got a new best MPH this weekend at Imports Vs. Domestics World Cup Finals @ Maryland International raceway. I normally get 60' times in the 1.8s or 1.7s on average, and the best i did at the track on a slightly different set up, was a 1.98 60' which is down right bad and i ran 11.79@127mph. With that trap speed, my car has low 11's in it for sure. I just need to launch better and not worry so much about shifting fast and bending valves.

Nice! That's the best MPH I've gotten out of my car as well on with the BEP housing when my car was a 5 speed. With a low 1.7 or 1.6x that trap speed should net you a 10 second pass for sure. :thumb: That thing is movin'!

Nice! That's the best MPH I've gotten out of my car as well on with the BEP housing when my car was a 5 speed. With a low 1.7 or 1.6x that trap speed should net you a 10 second pass for sure. :thumb: That thing is movin'!

Thanks man, yeah thanks to a handful of people the car was running really good. It has a ten sec pass in it, but the way i tend to shift it now it would be a low eleven at best.
I do have some toe eliminators and polly rear sub frame bushings to installs.

More demand for the external at a cheaper price..So that adds up to more profit..

Also wondering why it only comes in a .55 AR..

And the 16g 7cm housing comes in a .70..

Last edited:
Thanks man, yeah thanks to a handful of people the car was running really good. It has a ten sec pass in it, but the way i tend to shift it now it would be a low eleven at best.
I do have some toe eliminators and polly rear sub frame bushings to installs.

Travis, you got this. Those times have a high ten written all over it. You are really raising the bar and your car is running real strong and quite impressive. It's good to see someone sticking with the 5 speed (While it lasts..:thumb:)

Lets not forget you have quite a bit of mod's that have yet to be done, your tires are not the greatest, and your still dialing this beast in. I can't wait to see you hook one good time. I know one thing, I'll be there....;)

GOOBERLOG FOR PRESIDENT!!!!

Can anyone answer me why the internally gated turbine housing is cheaper than the externally gated housing?

because the internal gate doesn't work for crap. It's useless.

Any plans to swap out to the .70 A/r?

Me? I have a stock cummins T3 housing to install once i get a T3 manifold.

because the internal gate doesn't work for crap. It's useless.

I have to agree with this. My friend got the internally gated one for his 7 blade HX35 on his 97 gsx. It never worked very well, and then the flapper actually fell off.WTF

Last edited:
I have to agree with this. My friend got the internally gated one for his 6 blade HX35 on his 97 gsx. It never worked very well, and then the flapper actually fell off.WTF

Theres no such thing as a 6 blade HX35 ;-)

If you get a chance, could you get a few street pulls with your car? (showing the tach if possible), who did your trans work? What shift box?

If you get a chance, could you get a few street pulls with your car? (showing the tach if possible), who did your trans work? What shift box?

The trans has about 150,00+ miles on it. Im running the road surge shift box. I have a small itp restall, dual stock flex plates, welded center diff and itp end clutches, all done by myself.
And ill pm you with some videos!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back