The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Who has the fastest HX35 DSM in a .55a/r bolt on housing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gooberlog

20+ Year Contributor
Dec 30, 2002
Westminster, Maryland
I noticed a couple guys are now running tens on the Holset HX35 turbos but these are mostly with T3 turbine housings and manifolds. I'm curious to see what the fastest HX35 powered dsm (quarter mile time) using the small .55 a/r bolt on "mitsu style" BEP turbine housing is. I did some searching and the fastest times for a DSM with a HX35 with a .55 housing was username: "Mike 1992" and these times were recorded back in 2008. Has anyone ran faster than Mike's 11.29@126 since 2008?

Also while we're on the topic, to those who may know, is 10.71 the current HX35 record on a T3 housing? Sorry for getting so specific, just want to know what everyone out there is putting down at the track with there HX35's.

The record was done in the factory internally-gated 12cm T3 housing. Trailing closely behind is mr.peepers with a 10.76 on the stock housing, followed by richard33 with a 10.98 with the bolt on .70 A/R T3 housing.

So the top 3 HX35 guys are running 10's (including yourself, congrats once again) but these are all on a T3 housing. I'm really curious how fast anyone has gone on the .55a/r housing with a mitsu style manifold. I believe Mike1992's 11.29 pass was with a BEP .55 mitsu turbine housing. Other than that the only times i can find are high 11's.

The record was done in the factory internally-gated 12cm T3 housing. Trailing closely behind is mr.peepers with a 10.76 on the stock housing, followed by richard33 with a 10.98 with the bolt on .70 A/R T3 housing.

I had the stock housing as well. I have the .70a/r t3 housing for my hx40 now though.

11.4 at 125 with the bolt on housing last year at the dsmlink meet. Now the car is getting a cage put in and guted. Also plan on redoing the head, but I don't know if I'll be on this turbo this year.

Goober, I don't think anyone is reading this before they post times. I would love to see what times have been made with a BEP .55 A/R DSM Flanged housing. Maybe that will help out. My setup with consist of that and a hx-40.

11.4 at 125 with the bolt on housing last year at the dsmlink meet. Now the car is getting a cage put in and guted. Also plan on redoing the head, but I don't know if I'll be on this turbo this year.
That's right, i remember that run. Good stuff.

Goober, I don't think anyone is reading this before they post times. I would love to see what times have been made with a BEP .55 A/R DSM Flanged housing. Maybe that will help out. My setup with consist of that and a hx-40.

Yeah i hear ya.
From what i have seen it looks like the fastest DSM with a HX35 bolt on housing is 11.29 @ 126 followed up by the 11.4 @125 posted above. Considering i went 11.7 @120 with my weak bottom end on (100-110 psi compression) I'm thinking with this built block getting down to the lower side of 11s should be pretty doable. I've been driving my 1G daily all week trying to burn up the rest of this pump gas but i still have a quarter tank left. I'm trying to get it lower and do some race gas tuning with a buddy this evening and hit the strip tomorrow if the rain holds off enough.

I figured there would be more faster guys. My setup this year I will be running a bolt on .55 hx35 and my goal with it is high tens so I guess we will see. And with the 129mph and 124mph traps that have been done I definitely think its possible because I was running basement 11s only trapping 119!

I've ran a best of 11.5@125 on mine with 127mph being the best trap speed. Car was pushing coolant for a couple months before I took it to the track too.

When you say you had the "stock housing" you're referring to the dodge stock turbine housing correct? That housing is a T3 design still. So all 3 of the fastest HX35 dsms are on a T3 housing.

Yes I was using the stock housing. I know its a t3 design its just the the way he worded it made it seem as they had the stock housings and I had the BEP t3 housing. I just wanted to clarify my setup. No big deal.

Gotcha. Yeah even though there is a thread for Holset results, there are a lot more people running them than there are results in any of the threads. Thanks for your feedback.

This was in the BEP bolt on housing .55 A/R

So to recap, Fastest DSM powered HX35 with .55a/r dsm bolt on turbine housing: Mike 1992 with a 11.29 followed by dsmtalontsi95 with an 11.4.

I was trying see where i match up to the competition tonight, but the track is rained out. I was going to race with 31psi, when tuning i adjusted it up to about 34 and the car really liked it, but then knocked pretty bad. After backing the boost down to 31 my buddy then pointed out that we were able to tune it at 31psi cause my injectors are right about maxed out above that. I'm only running 850's now with one walbro 255hi pressure. The extra boost felt good. I'd like to get some bigger injectors in there and see what 37psi or so feels like. But not sure since i'm not sure what injectors to get since i'm thinking of going E85 like the rest of the world.

I don't have 1/4 results to post in this but I took my car to the local 1/8th last Weekend I was having tuning issues in first causing some slow 60' times but I was able to trap 91.31mph. Hoping to sort the problems out soon and actually make the trek to a track of proper length.

Yes I was using the stock housing. I know its a t3 design its just the the way he worded it made it seem as they had the stock housings and I had the BEP t3 housing. I just wanted to clarify my setup. No big deal.

Sorry my mistake. I thought you were in the bep t3 housing. Cant wait to get my buddys car out this year with my old set-up. Were rebuilding the engine right now. Then will shoot for some more records on street tires!!!:hellyeah:

Sorry my mistake. I thought you were in the bep t3 housing. Cant wait to get my buddys car out this year with my old set-up. Were rebuilding the engine right now. Then will shoot for some more records on street tires!!!:hellyeah:

hah nice. I upgraded to the hx40 so when I get back in town in september the car will be running hard. Im hoping for 140+ traps. I think it pretty doable since I trapped 138 on the hx35.

Same here. I hope for much more then 140 with this hx52 set-up. Should be sick.

damn i tought 120 traps were fast, you guys gon for 130+ traps are insane LOL...i bet its a blast tho

Nice to see I'm still talked about years down the road : ) The setup probably had more in it, but ended up selling the car in fear it would fail sooner or later, LOL. Now have a 92 awd sporting a HTA 35r and I've never been more pleased. On a budget you can't beat a Holset

Hmm I forgot all about this. The time in my sig was done on with my BEP HX35 and I think I'm going to the track this weekend too. I'm probably going to spray this bi*** though because I really want a 10 second pass :p

a few weeks ago the car went 6.96 @ 103 in the 1/8th (using a little silly spray up top). :D

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back