The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Who all builds the Big T-28?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have the same spike problem, although I'm still having clutch issues, will hold til 12 psi then nothing then grab again at the 6k rpm and the boost shoots past 20 psi.

Looks like it's time for you to get bigger injectors.

I dropped my stock exhaust (which has a gutted cat and cut it off behind the 1st resonator) to prepare for my side exit exhaust. Just had the O2 housing on the car and nothing else. My injector duty cycle went up over 100% easily and leaned out. So had to put it back on until I can get bigger injectors. Guessing I'm gonna get some rather large ones so I can prep for the next turbo that goes on which I'm thinking might be a BW S259.

Recently purchased a new netbook so I can finally tune now. I love this thing. I can go almost all day on this thing without having to plug it in for power. My larger Gateway Laptop dies in about 15-20 minutes before it needs to be plugged in again. And the smaller one is even faster and much easier to carry around.

Ordering my water/air intercooler setup now in a couple of weeks. I'd probably order more but really wanting the Droid phone so can only afford so much at one time. I've decided which core I'm using and gonna go with 3 inch i/c piping. After that, I'll be getting the JMF Drag manifold and Fftec throttle body. Hopefully have all that within the next month or 2 but can't throw any of it on until I get the JMF battery kit, slimline fan, bigger injectors, and bigger pump. Gonna get as much as I can as quickly as I can. I'll post some pics when I get new toys :)

Holding off on the boost controller until I get the other stuff. I can run the minimum boost for now at least. Either I'm hooking up the Turboxs controller backwards, or it just plain sucks balls.

Got a package from Fedex today....

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

I was gonna go water/air but I contacted them and told them my goals and intended mod list and they said that the core I wanted wouldn't support the airflow and horsepower. So I went with this one. 31"x11.75"x4" with 3 inch inlet/outlet. It'll be a little while before I install it. Want more parts first.

My overall goals obviously don't have a T-28 in mind. I'm overbuilding a lot so not sure how well the T-28 will do with 3 inch piping. I'll try it but I'm not buying parts twice. I'm either gonna overbuild and kill the performance of the T-28 or it's really gonna wake it up. Guess we'll see.

Trying to get ready to make room for the intake manifold and throttlebody. So purchased the JMF battery kit. Here's a before and after, but still trying to figure out where a couple of the small brackets go. But even still, it looks way better.

Last edited:
Installing a SMIM? Get ready for many pain in the ass modifications. I had to move so much crap out of the way since a lot of it bolted up to the stocker.

Well, I'm going with the 2g drag manifold. Some guys over on Ecmlink said that you don't have to move the brake master cylinder, etc. like you would if you bought the 1g manifold and used on a 2g . I'll have a FFTEC throttle body as well. And the intercooler piping will be 3 inch diameter but silicone from the turbo to the throttlebody which will make it much easier installation versus using metal piping. I'll be able to buy the individual 45 or 90 degree turns I need and can just cut to whatever length I need, as well as reuse it or modify easily when I upgrade to the BW S366 turbo I have planned. Might be a little more expensive but I think it'll be worth it and look better, as well as the fact that the silicone won't absorb heat like metal piping will and I'm trying to keep the air as cool as possible.

Just fear that I may lose some power with such a large intercooler and piping but I'm trying to overbuild for the turbo I plan to upgrade to, so we'll see.

Not really. I'll be ordering a Walbro pump and a Mini Fuelab regulator kit on Tuesday. I have the fmic installed but no piping installed....yet. Waiting for a GI Bill check that'll be back pay and I'll be ordering a BW S366 turbo with that (because yes, I'm upgrading). Waiting for a pell grant check to come in and I'll be getting some other goodies with that one.

I will say that this turbo is getting waaaay old too me. Entirely too slow and power for what I'm use to. I'm really ready to upgrade but toughing it out, for now. I should be doing the piping to the intercooler sometime soon though along with the intake manifold so that should change things some. For better or worse, I dunno. I'll get some stuff done and go from there but I'll for sure post results when I have them. Just trying not to post too much useless crap if I haven't done anything. Trust me, I've thought about this thread. Mainly because I wanna upgrade the turbo so bad, but I don't wanna disappoint anyone either that might be interested in my results. So I've stuck with it for the time being.

Alright I guess I'll go ahead and stick it out. Been thinking it over, over the evening. Guess I'll hold off on the new turbo and get the parts I need to finish this up. As soon as I get all the backpay, I should be getting it done (as far as the bolt-ons), but might be awhile before I do the awd conversion done cause I'm going with the one-piece carbon fiber driveshaft that cost like $1800 and need to get the awd tranny tranny rebuilt, or go with a doxbox. I'll do what I can.

I "should" have almost all the funds I need within the next month or 2 so I guess I'll say to stay tuned.

Cool, if money allows I'm hoping to get tuned in the next 2 to 3 weeks. I'm sure no one will be too disappointed if you choose not to stick it out. I've been on the fence also, I want to upgrade before I tune so I don't have to pay to tune twice, but at the same time I want to see what this little turbo will do.

Okay I ordered a few parts today. Walbro 255 HP pump, AEM fpr with install kit, upgraded from V3 Lite to full, purchased a GM Maf cable, Ingersoll Rand boost solenoid (since V3 now has boost control), and a new seal for my sunroof since it's leaking. Still awaiting a check for my GI Bill that they owe me and that whole check will be going for the SMIM, and hopefully more.

Sweet, I need to upgrade to ecmlink v3 also, damn vacation nearly broke me though. The government sure likes to take their time paying you.

I did the upgrade from V3 Lite to full today but I don't really need it just yet. It'll come in handy though when I swap over to the blow-thru setup and get my boost control solenoid. Should have the solenoid and maf cable this friday and gonna start playing around with the boost control when I get it and ditch the mbc I'm using. It'll be nice to have gear based boost control from my laptop. Now if I could just get the money I'm owed so I can get more parts. Gosh darn it.

Got the parts today that I ordered. Installed my fuel pump. Nice to hear the whine of a Walbro again. Still have to install the fpr though. Buddy of mine had given me a GM Maf so I'm porting that out but the collet broke so need to get another before I can finish it. So figured I'd clean it up some and take some pics. It's all clean now. Just have to finish up with the porting on the inside now.

And just one picture of the fpr I got. Gonna install that within the next few days.

I have a new bumper that I'm prepping so that it fits with the i/c and also cutting a whole in the side of the bumper for the side exit exhaust. Just have to find a good exhaust tip that I want. Anyone know of any place with a good selection of exhaust tips? I'm looking a 4" or 4.5". Thanks.

Everytime I try and get on the forum, it seems to be down. But I'm usually getting on at night. Wanna post up some pics but I'm at school and can't access my photobucket account.

I have my throttlebody ported now. So that's lookin good. FPR still isn't installed yet. It's an AEM and the adjustment screw on top is so long that I can't find anywhere to install it so that it sits low enough without having to worry about the hood hitting it. So I'm gonna order a 90 degree AN fitting so that I can install it right off the fuel rail.

My boost control via Ecmlink is finally figured out, so that's a huge plus. No more mbc for me!!! And I should be getting a couple of school checks here REALLY really soon so I'll be ordering my JMF Drag manifold, Fftec throttlebody, injectors, FP Intake pipe and air filter, Tial BOV, the rest of my intercooler piping, etc.

I also have had an ATR muffler laying around for the past few years that's being modified. I'm making a side exit exhaust out of the bumper but need room. I don't want a straight pipe straight out of the side. Want something that sounds good at least. So I brought it to school and cut off most of it and shortened the body of it to 6 inches. Really short and it's gonna be interesting to hear it when I have it installed. I'll post up pics as soon as I can get online and Tuners not be down. Need to update the price sheet I have listed on page 2 I believe as well. Hope everyone's somewhat satisfied with the progress. I know it takes a little time when it's money that's holding me up but I'm getting there as fast as I can.

Edit: Forgot I had my laptop sitting out in the car. Lol. Just a few.

I'll be ordering some 1450cc injectors and an HX52 turbo (cause I do plan to go bigger) tomorrow. And Tuesday I'll be ordering my JMF drag manifold and the rest of the i/c piping from Air to Water Intercooler. Also a Tial Q bov. I'm pretty sure I'll be going with a Boomba throttle body now since Fftec quit making theirs.....dang it.

HX52 is a serious turbo. I'm glad you're sticking to your guns and making this shiznit happen one way or amother.

Well, I received my FIC 1450cc injectors and those are installed. Although having just a tad bit of a hard time getting them to run right in my car. It could just be me. I dunno. Anyway, my FP intake pipe came in the mail today but not installing it yet.

Bad new is, I think the T28 is about to bite the dust. I started hearing a faint noise and today I rolled down the window to try and hear it and I only hear it when I get into boost. Sooooo, if it's the turbo (and I think it is), I'm not spending the money on another one. Looks like I'll be ordering another turbo next week even though I already have the HX52 in the mail. I can't bolt-up the HX52 yet cause I need a divided manifold which I don't have yet. So deciding what I wanna get right now. Wanna get the most horsepower I can with whatever turbo I have to waste my money on :( And it has to bolt up to the stock exhaust manifold. Don't care to dent the water pipe. Nate at MAPerformance is suggesting the PTE billet wheel 6262 but not sure if it'll clear the water pipe. That's really my only concern. Hmmmm.....

Well folks, I was gonna give it my best shot but the blades of the turbo are definitely hitting inside the turbo. I'm gonna have to downgrade to a T-25. Next week. Then order my jmf divided exhaust manifold next week as well. Then I'll just need my wastegates, oil lines, i/c piping, and fab up the exhaust pipe and gonna go ahead and throw on the HX52 after I have that done. I'm disappointed. Hate to have one of those build threads that doesn't happen...like I always see. But at this point, if I'm spending money, it's all or nothing. Sorry folks.

Long story short, I have a T-28 on my car. Soooo, I guess this thread isn't dead just yet. My fwd tranny took a dump on me this week though just when I was ready to order my i/c pipes, bov, etc. So instead, I'm throwing in my awd tranny. I'll have half of my awd conversion done I suppose. I ordered a QuarterMaster clutch last week and a VCE so I can run it in fwd mode for the time being. The 4 puck clutch and the flywheel still look great and I'm sure I could keep the clutch on there with a new flywheel, but I'm going all out here. So if the tranny has to come out and I have to get a smaller flywheel, I'm upgrading.

Unless a miracle happens, I probably won't have anything else to add (aside from some pics of the new clutch and the old one) until after the new year. That's when I'll be going at it again. Next mod has GOT to be the side exit exhaust though cause the injectors had been really rich and the exhaust fumes were killing me, so I hacked it at the edge of the oil pan. It was stock anyway. But the sound is annoying to me. I'll post more when I have more to add. Sorry to scare everyone :)

Don't think it should be too bad cause I'll be putting this on it when I do it. Not just a straight pipe going out the side. It's an ATR muffler that I modified and shortened the body to 6 inches. And when I use my HX52, I may modify it again so that the pipe is 4 inches versus the 3" inlet and 4" outlet that it is now. It's basically a straight pipe going through it anyway so I'm sure it won't hurt performance any. I don't mind a loud volume, just not a crappy sound....like it is now.

Tore apart my fwd tranny today. It's now scrap. Got my vce from Shep today so the awd tranny is now put together and complete. 1st pics are of the fwd tranny that lost 2nd gear, and then the awd tranny with the vce and again compared to the stock viscous.

Sorry to hear/see your trans went out. I'm glad you're still posting though! Nice looking side exit exhaust

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back