The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Where are the FWDs at????

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

overdoseheroin said:
13.320 @ 114.260 ...tire spin, then slipping ACT 2100..page 6 ownage bitches.

Youre times are right there with mine, but yea page 4 here, don't leave your posts per page to noob settings. It's just not cool :tease: :coy:

def on page 6 here..anyways that time was also when i was making only 311whp on stock turb, pump gas. i made the 342 on a conservative c16 tune but never ran with that tune yet.

You made 311hp on the 14b on pump gas?? That sounds like some sort of friggin record there. I know Phil Beers put down something like 310 on c16 on an awd dyno.

we only have an 1/8 mile track close to my home, but i managed to finally realize what launching an AWD car must feel like. i have 25x8.7x13 M&H's on weld racelites, and pulled an [email protected] on a big 16g and about 18psi. the 1.85 60' shoved me back in my seat, and its one helluva rush compared to 2.2-2.3 on street tires. now that i've been blessed with traction, i can finally have some confidence when i line up with a RWD :thumb:

kiggly said:
I'm hoping for mid-8's next year. I was never able to put together the full combo to get a real pass out of it this year. It was WAY off for the 9.61 pass, like 200whp off. It hasn't been all cranked up yet, and this is also not spraying it. I'm extending what was this year's goal to now be next year's goal. 8.5's and 165mph.

Kevin

Holy jesus, man that is a nice time there. Just saw your video and all i can say is simply amazing. Keep up the good work and get that laser in the 8's. :thumb:

I'm not calling BS. But...

On 18" wheels at only 19psi, it would take one hellava a track w/ a strong tail wind to run a 12.8. Was the car lightened? If so than its possible. Also I don't think theres an 18" street drag tire either for our cars. So yes, the track would need to be made out of VHT basically.

I'm just trying to keep things in perspective for some of the less "experienced" people on this board. Maybe you seen the time yourself, but clocks have been mis-tripped before at dragstrips. Did he back the run up w/ another 12.8? One time, I seen a N/A 1.6L civic run a 10sec on street tires.

Its possible, I know people who have ran 12.9 on a 14b@18psi.

BGRIPTP said:
Its possible, I know people who have ran 12.9 on a 14b@18psi.

I've seen it done on slicks and with awd's, never have I seen it with street tires on 18" rims though.

I haven't seen too many people making 350whp on a 16g either. That would have been one hell of a launch to get a 12.8 on a fwd car with 18's and no slicks.

So not only did he run a 12.8 in a fwd dsm on 19psi and a 14b (same turbo I ran a 14.0 @ 104 on at 20psi), but he did it a mile in the air where most turbo cars are a second to half second slower than sea level.

I'm sure it's a clean car but I'm calling bullshit on something here. Either the boost numbers, the fact that it's fwd, or something.

The guy that ran the 11.4 also is light weight, has slicks and a big shot of nitrous.

missouri_dsm said:
124.700 mph? he should be in the 11's with that trap speed.

Look at his 1/8th mile speed. He's only 4mph faster than me there, then gains another 8mph more than I do even in the last 1/8th. My guess is he's not on slicks.

Man I'm itching to get out again next year with the bigger injectors and race gas. Can't wait to run some supra number, i'm predicting I'll actually run a slower et and get a 13.5 @ 120mph ROFL

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back