The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

what oil filter housing is this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dustyboner

DSM Wiseman
Mar 13, 2016
abq, New_Mexico
its on a 2ga, has no hole for the oil pressure switch.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

How about an tee adapter?

1/8 BSPT Oil Pressure Sensor Tee Stainless Steel 1/8 BSPT Female to 1/8 BSPT Male with 1/8 NPT Port Adapter Turbo Supply Feed Line Gauge

probably, but its not my car, if it was i'd just swap it for the right one.
but im just asking because i haven't seen one without the port and i like to know what im working with

How about an tee adapter?

1/8 BSPT Oil Pressure Sensor Tee Stainless Steel 1/8 BSPT Female to 1/8 BSPT Male with 1/8 NPT Port Adapter Turbo Supply Feed Line Gauge
you beat me to it, i was gonna say one like this. Thats what i did on the last k-series engine i was messing with. The adapter isn't BSPT but it worked just fine with the honda oil pressure sensor which is 1/8 BSPT just like the mitsubishi one. I was even running it off the CHRA end of the feed line..

Is it just me or is that fitting screwed in crooked as hell?

its an angled hole, its not at a 90 to the outside surface

Last edited:
If I remember correctly that hole is not drilled & tapped perpendicular to the the face making it look crocked. I think I remember having a little struggle years ago when I changed to braided turbo feed before I realized the hole is angled off the face.

Last edited:
If I remember correctly that hole is not drilled & tapped perpendicular to the the face making it look crocked. I think I remember having a little struggle years ago when I changed to braided turbo feed before I relieved the hole is angled off the face.
It’s normal. Nothing wrong there

i appreciate all the replies.

what i really wanted to know was what vehicle or engine the filter housing came from. It doesn't appear to be from a 1g 7 bolt, its not from any 2g as far as i know and its not an evo 3 OFH

cool, thanks.
i know they owner said he had bought another long block for the car. Maybe it got a JDM one.

Is this OFH the same one?
I looked for pics in google but surprisingly almost no real pic were found.

It does look like the same thing. Also it has no oil pressure sender (for an oil pressure gauge on the dash) but does have the oil pressure switch for the dummy light. As far as I can see, RVRs don't have an oil pressure gauge on the dash like DSMs do, so this would make sense.

Actually, looking through CAPS, it seems if you look at the Asia market Space Wagon, it's called a "Resort Runner GT 4WD" and it appears to have this same housing with just the pressure switch and no sender. So Hiroshi is right, it's most probably off a USDM turbo Chariot, but it seems the Japanese equivalent uses the same one, which makes sense, same car and all...

yup thats it.
img_20211112_210455071-jpg.644851

Last edited by a moderator:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back