The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Vrpracing Auto FP Black Results

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSM Chase

10+ Year Contributor
Sep 19, 2011
Senoia, Georgia
As some of you may know we recently switched to the FP Ball bearing Black after running the 68HTA on our Auto car, We won our local Import showdown Event in the Street Tuner class last weekend. New best Et 10.52 @ 125! (see profile for slip) car ran in the 10.50s-10.60s all day Saturday with a best 60' of 1.601, Car still has street tires and all of these passes were made WITHOUT nitrous to spool up.

Stock converter
35psi
Weight 2750 no driver still has full front interior.

On a better note this car is daily drivable LOL! There is much left in the car, we cant wait to get some slicks and run some 9s!

Here's a 10.55 pass video!
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3qjtHCZr-AQ]Vrpracing 10.55 @ 124 Auto 1G DSM Fp Black Powered - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited:
How much boost? Also can you guys post up a log?

Awesome run, I can't wait to save up for one. Also did you guys go with the jb or dbb black?

Alex

what converter?

Excellent work guys!!!

-Michael

Your modification info is way behind.
2.0 ?
Converter ?
weight ?
Looks like a good setup :thumb:

Weight 2750 no driver.
Convertor Stock Restall 3100
35lbs of boost
Q16 fuel
No nitrous (thanks Kevin- at Kiggly) takes 8 seconds to 16lbs..

The FB Black is very streetable. Especially running kiggly wiring and B&M Ratchet..

Nice! How high are you able to rev the 2.3? I noticed you went through all 4 gears in the 1/4 mile, do you not worry about burning up 4th gear?... there are a lot of high HP auto guys who have recommended to not go into 4th gear at WOT ever ### it will burn O.D. right up

With the low profile (short) street tires we run I keep it under 9k.
Kiggly 5 disc front clutch..
IPT end clutch...
No Problems.

Plus the end clutch (4th gear) clutch pak takes 5 minutes to replace..Trans in car.

Weight 2750 no driver.
Convertor Stock Restall 3100
35lbs of boost
Q16 fuel
No nitrous (thanks Kevin- at Kiggly) takes 8 seconds to 16lbs..

The FB Black is very streetable. Especially running kiggly wiring and B&M Ratchet..

That's awesome, thanks for the info!

I'm lost. This seems slow for a fp black. I understand its auto but only 125? 35psi and that weight I would expect a lot faster mph

Yes 4th gear was used bud, he has an IPT end clutch kit... personally id be weary about using 4th even with the end clutch kit but hell ig if he doesnt mind swapping end clutches out then its no worries, more power to him. Plus it doesnt take very long to swap end clutches.. it takes longer to install the new end clutches in the clutch pack than it does taking it on and off the car.

I'm lost. This seems slow for a fp black. I understand its auto but only 125? 35psi and that weight I would expect a lot faster mph

Stock converters are not known to couple very effectively on the top end.

-Michael

Trap speeds are in line with stock torque convertor and low profile tires.
As far as going to fouth gear and reliability, I have yet to see one fail.
I do it because my RPMs would go through the roof if I didnt

This same car and same transmission ran 19 weeks straight at Atlanta Motor Speedway this summer ,clinching the Friday Night Drag Series Championship in tuner class with 7 wins.. 70% of the heats were back to back and hotlapped.
Friday Night Drags | Events/Tickets | Atlanta Motor Speedway look at results.

Plus we ran 6 qualifiers this past weekend at Import Showdown -winning the tuner class as well.
Not sure where or who is burning up fourth and breaking end clutch shafts ..we havent yet.

Torque Convertor was restalled by Transmission Parts Unlimited. They do alot of mod convertors for racers in our area.
They Cut mine open , checked it out good, and restalled to 3100 for $125 bucks.

Transmission Parts Unlimited, Inc.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back