The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Viper alarm won't chirp

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Th3DooM

10+ Year Contributor
Jan 5, 2011
Dresden, Europe
First of all, I was looking on about 20 other Viper alarm threads and didn't find the answer to my problem.

I have a Viper 600 HF alarm sytem. I bought my car with this alarm about 3 years ago.I disconnected the battery a couple of times and now the sirens won't chirp when I lock or unlock the doors. Usually the siren chirps once when the car is locked and twice when it's unlocked. This feature doesn't work anymore. The alarm will come one when there is trouble and panic mode is possible, too. Even the small light is flashing so I guess I can eliminate the valet mode. Where should I start looking?

Last edited:
You can program an alarm to do a lot of things. One of the options is the chirp function. I would look for the installation/users guide for your alarm model and go through the setup procedure again. The chirp mode is probably off in the default mode.

If the chirp still doesn't work then I would find the siren and check the wiring on it with an ohmmeter.

Agreed it's a mode that you have to enable.

Changing the battery probably reset everything.

Your viper should be a 2 way alarm, why would you want it to chirp?

It was so annoying on mine that I disabled it.

It's loud too.

Wow. It takes some serious spheres to complain about Viper stuff on the internet. You do know how powerful and crazy Darrell Issa is, yes?

Okay, I looked for the install instructions (user manual was useless) and found everything I needed to know. I located the brain and turned the jumper on "learn", re-programmed the brain and now it is working! For a detailed instruction just ask.

having the same problem with my 479-__- when i bought the car about a month ago the lights would flash and everything and at least the remote would chirp, but the lights stopped working so i started playing around with the remote and my battery in the car and now my remote wont even chirp when i lock or unlock and it doesnt alarm me if anyone is near my door or if i shake the car side to side anymore :banghead:

Do you have instructions on programming new remotes? I have 2-way remote that's been dropped a few times... And needs to be replaced. I haven't had luck in the past and ended up returning a new remote since I couldn't get it programmed.

having the same problem with my 479-__- when i bought the car about a month ago the lights would flash and everything and at least the remote would chirp, but the lights stopped working so i started playing around with the remote and my battery in the car and now my remote wont even chirp when i lock or unlock and it doesnt alarm me if anyone is near my door or if i shake the car side to side anymore :banghead:

look at what he said fixed it for him, and do that LOL. :p It was a "set up" mode.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back