The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Morrison Fabrications
Please Support ExtremePSI

Update 2.5 of my long wait

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LiquidX

DSM Wiseman
Sep 19, 2008
Anywhere, Pennsylvania
Well again, it's been a bit since I have updated. The motor is still being put together. I was hoping it would have been done by now but it isn't. The builder is very anal about clearances and not too familiar with the DSM engine bearings. He has gone through multiple main and rod bearings to get them all within .001 of eachother respectivly. I'm annoyed it's taking so long, but I'm glad everything is being done properly. The head is all done however and ready to be dropped on.

My HX40 is almost ready to go. I have the BEP bolt on housing and just got the Forced Performance Race Manifold to use with it. All that's left is the Punishment Racing MVS recirculated o2 housing and to send the turbo out to Justin (JusMX141) to get rebuilt. Getting the -12AN oil drain requirments taken care of now while the engine is out of the car. Other than those, it's just some small things like bolts and checking the oil pressure for the proper feed line restrictor.

Currently I'll be running the Evo316G using a -10AN drain line. I purchached a bolt on -12AN flange for the oil drain on the Holset, weld on bung for the pan and a -12AN to -10AN connector so I can use the current line until I upgrade.

I recently purchached off a user on here a set of Ebay housings with a retrofit already done in them. Using Bixenon FX35 projectors in the current housing. I'm considering picking up a new set of Ebay housings as there are some problems with these ones from how the projectors were installed. If I can I may just get a set of shrouds and cut-to-fit into the housing to cover up the mistakes and fit better.

I'm going to try and get down to the shop and clean the engine bay since I can and see if I can get some pictures of the engine as well. Builder has been taking pictures so I will have some when the car is done at least.

Next thing on my list will be going speed density and refinishing my interior.

Sorry for no pictures. Let me know what you all think and if you haven't already, check out my other 2 entries for the full story on the engine.

Yeah, no kidding Brian. You're deff. one of the first people I'll tell when it's all completed.

This is the longest Christmas ever haha.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back