The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

1G Transmission keeps popping out of first gear

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sorry to ask this again but I've been juggling multiple things today and forgot, if it turns out to be a bad fork, do I still need to remove these lock nuts? And even if not, to have a look at the stacks, I have to remove the lock nuts, right? Stupid question I should be able to answer, just making sure.

Sorry to ask this again but I've been juggling multiple things today and forgot, if it turns out to be a bad fork, do I still need to remove these lock nuts? And even if not, to have a look at the stacks, I have to remove the lock nuts, right? Stupid question I should be able to answer, just making sure.
Yes you have to remove those lock nuts to remove the 5th gear set so you can then separate the clam shell halves so you can then get at the shift forks and gear stacks and everything inside.

Thanks. Busy day and I forgot. Been a while since I studied those FSM diagrams.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back