1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

2G transmission from 6 bolt to 7 bolt

Posted by eliran, Oct 21, 2020

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI
  1. eliran

eliran Probationary Member

Joined Oct 21, 2020
    HOD HASHARON, Europe
    hello.
    new here on the dsm community.
    i have manual fwd 97 gst eclipse with 7 bolt engine and my transmission case is broke from the inside ,
    so i need to find new transmission.
    in my country there is only 2 cars like me, so i cant find spare parts.
    i found in usa transmission like i need , but the seller says it came out from 6 bolt engine.
    there is any difference between those engine bolts to the transmission??
    maybe some one can help to find good transmission and ship it to me?
    thanks.

2. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    If its from a 1st gen 6 bolyengine it wont have the mounting bosses on the transmission for motor/trans mounts. You may have other options if you're not USA. Look at the motor mounts. First gen eclipse are different.

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  3. eliran

eliran Probationary Member

Joined Oct 21, 2020
    HOD HASHARON, Europe
    from the pictures it sit on 2g eclipse but he say that is 6 bolt engine . so i idk..

4. pauleyman

pauleyman DSM Wiseman

Joined Nov 19, 2011
    oklahoma city, Oklahoma
    6 bolt engine can go into a 2g. What im saying is the mounts are on the transmission on a 2g. So if you try and use a 1g transmission it wont work.

Street Build 3K  1

1997 Eagle Talon TSi AWD
    awd · manual · 2G DSM
  5. motomattx

motomattx Proven Member

Joined Dec 9, 2010
    wampum, Pennsylvania
    I had temporarily forgotten about this, yep thats exactly right, cant put a 1g transmission in a 2g without somehow welding mounts to it or something.

Drag Race Build 4K  10  24

1995 Mitsubishi Eclipse GST
    fwd · manual · 2G DSM