The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G transmission from 6 bolt to 7 bolt

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eliran

Probationary Member
Oct 21, 2020
HOD HASHARON, Europe
hello.
new here on the dsm community.
i have manual fwd 97 gst eclipse with 7 bolt engine and my transmission case is broke from the inside ,
so i need to find new transmission.
in my country there is only 2 cars like me, so i cant find spare parts.
i found in usa transmission like i need , but the seller says it came out from 6 bolt engine.
there is any difference between those engine bolts to the transmission??
maybe some one can help to find good transmission and ship it to me?
thanks.

hello.
new here on the dsm community.
i have manual fwd 97 gst eclipse with 7 bolt engine and my transmission case is broke from the inside ,
so i need to find new transmission.
in my country there is only 2 cars like me, so i cant find spare parts.
i found in usa transmission like i need , but the seller says it came out from 6 bolt engine.
there is any difference between those engine bolts to the transmission??
maybe some one can help to find good transmission and ship it to me?
thanks.
If its from a 1st gen 6 bolyengine it wont have the mounting bosses on the transmission for motor/trans mounts. You may have other options if you're not USA. Look at the motor mounts. First gen eclipse are different.

from the pictures it sit on 2g eclipse but he say that is 6 bolt engine . so i idk..

from the pictures it sit on 2g eclipse but he say that is 6 bolt engine . so i idk..
6 bolt engine can go into a 2g. What im saying is the mounts are on the transmission on a 2g. So if you try and use a 1g transmission it wont work.

6 bolt engine can go into a 2g. What im saying is the mounts are on the transmission on a 2g. So if you try and use a 1g transmission it wont work.
I had temporarily forgotten about this, yep thats exactly right, cant put a 1g transmission in a 2g without somehow welding mounts to it or something.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back