The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Timing cover rubber seals

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EVLGSX

5+ Year Contributor
Dec 7, 2017
Wallingford, Connecticut
Has any one found anything that works well to replace the rubber seals for the 4G63 timing covers? I havent even looked yet but was hoping to find a roll of something perfect on McMaster

I tried the aftermarket kit offered by Beck Arnley but the quality is not what Im looking for.

I really only need to come up with something for the lower cover. Im sure plenty of new covers have been sold over this......thats the only way to get OEM new rubber seals I believe

Jafromobile:
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Not sure how well it worked for him, but it's an option for you.

I cant stand the gap at the bottom from the missing seal. I guess some sort of easy clean up RTV is better than nothing. Way too much effort to achieve a leak free clean as a whistle timing side to let crap get in there through that opening. I hope to find a roll of something just right. Probably order a few samples and work it out. Let you guys know what I come with.

You might find something that could work using o-ring cord stock & cut it to the appropriate lengths. Might have to use some sort of adhesive to hold in place too.

I've never ran timing covers on either of my dsms and I've put over 100k miles on two engines commuting on back country roads that are chip sealed with a fresh coat of tar and then they pour pea gravel over it and allow traffic to essentially steam roll it.
Serious pucker moment the first time you drive on that crap, but as long as your lower engine splash shields are in place you should be good to go...

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back