The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

1G Suggestions on Turbo Fitment

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1990TSIAWDTALON

Moderator
13,387
11,517
Nov 14, 2013
Independence, Kansas
I was in the shop, mocking up the hot side of my motor and ran into an interference problem.
You all give me suggestions to go through and I can make a decision or maybe go with a different manifold, but this is a budget build motor with me digging up leftover or used parts. Thanks to any and all. Pictures to show the issue. The turbo is a FP HD3582 T3. I think the manifold is a REV(???). As always, I am watching the Classifieds.
Pops ✌️

You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.


You must be logged in to view this image or video.
 

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
I was looking for something like that.
Keep them coming my friends! Thank you! 👍
That company has T4 but I don't find T3 Spacers. 🤔
 
IDK if my titanium hardware is long enough to add a spacer, but its AN IDEA 💡 Thanks! 👍
 
IDK if my titanium hardware is long enough to add a spacer, but its AN IDEA 💡 Thanks! 👍
Well I think if you have a bench grinder you can make it really thin, just enough to fit, I'll be more worried about the alternator bracket. Or you can possibly buy and grind a turbo to manifold flange at a slight angle, you have to measure or estimate it, then use washers that you will also grind at an angle to match the difference. Possibly old head bolt washers.

You'll have to drill out the holes for the additional flange a little bigger to accommodate the angle
 
I'm not a big fan of the manifold I dug up, tbo. I also have other turbos :cool: but the ideas are what I am wanting so thank you!
 
Marty,
I ran that same manifold in the past but it was a Turbonetics unit. I had the same issue. My solution was to grind the turbine housing where is was close to the block and also machine (belt sand might work) an angle into either the manifold to turbo surface and / or the flange of the turbine housing. With either of the angled flange options I added a set of 4 washers that had the same angle on them. This allowed the fasteners to clamp properly.
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back
Top