The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support STM Tuned

security code for the radio [Merged 11-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

First of all i'd check your glovebox for the original owners manual. If you still have that, your stereo's code will be in the first few pages, atleast most are.

Generally speaking, most dealerships will make you pay for these codes because they're generally the only ones who have them. :mad: If the dealer you called wont provide it for free i'd suggest calling around till you find one that will, or just pay for it. You'll need to provide them with the stereo's serial number, usually located on top of the radio or on the back of it.

Good Luck

Well bought a stock radio from some guy and he didnt give me the code, so maybe i was wondering if you guys could help me. i dont wanna pay 75$ for the code at mitsubishi. here is my info, i need the code asap. thanks! i will recommend whoever gives me the code if they want.

MR158590

Serial # 51219275A

Just go to the dealer service center. They should look it up free of charge. They won't give it to you over the phone, due to legalities of a stolen radio and such.

Ya it should be free of charge I got mine over the phone (mitsubishi).. All you need is the serial number and thats it thats all I had to do.. I think it depends who ya get too.. I got a chick and I think she was diggin my voice hehehehe thats why :p Give them a call

i called the local dealership. i just told him my name and the shop i work at and that i need him to log on to "mitsubishi dealer link" and pull a security code for me. give him the serial and the part number, and bam.

I just called my local dealershp and asked them. Some dealerships seem to be a**holes but they were cool.

picked up an entire interior from a 99 gsx, and got the radio also. i need the radio code from it. last time i called they wouldn't tell me.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Because the dealer you called was a d!ck.

Try elsewhere. Theres no other solution.

Except buy a new deck, because the stock stuff is way outdated.

But if you insist, gotta do the dirty work and call around.

^^exactly^^
you can call mitsu dealers all over the U.S. until you find one that will give you the code... i called Ball Mitsubishi down here in San Diego and all they needed was the serial number on the side of the stereo, not the VIN... and they gave it to me no questions asked.

:dsm:

I'd agree...in the past I've needed to call 2 or 3 different dealerships before getting one that would actually get me the code. I've also heard of success stories with people who have done it online. The only downside to that is these websites usually charge $10-$20.

picked up an entire interior from a 99 gsx, and got the radio also. i need the radio code from it. last time i called they wouldn't tell me.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Your code is 0562

I have a 97 Mits. eclipse. The radio has Mod# MR372323, REF# CQ-JB6710L, but the ser# says 9704. The dealer says thats not it. It has FA031524 stamped into the frame of the radio but I have no Clue what the code is. Any help?????

is there any way to get the code from the vin number from the body??????????

I dont think so. None of the dealerships I've talked to seem to be interested if so.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back