The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

security code for the radio [Merged 11-6]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yeah try calling the dealers bro, and if they tell that they will need to charge just call up another dealer untill you find one that wont charge, this happen to my car aswell, and i ended up gettin the code from a dealer from like NY or something haha and im in california.

thanks , should i have the serial number on the head unit with me when i call?

i got it, i took the radio out to get there serial number, and there was a four digit number sharpied on the bottom, LOL, so i just tried it, and it worked, but thanks for everything, hopefully other people will be as lucky, LOL

Stay Boostin...!

ok I bought a 95 GSX and well........the radio wont work it says off now if I run it for an hour it says cODE and they I can enter a code 3 tries.....well I dont know the code and I need music......it's an infinity radio....

1. Call the person you bought the car from and ask if they know the code.

2. Call infinity and im sure if you give them a number off the radio somewhere they can tell you the code

My buddy bought a 03 honda civic used and had the same problem. He called up Honda and they got the code for him.

Good Luck
Tony

Pull off the HVAC bezel and you should be able to get the serial number off of the top of the infinity unit. Then call the dealer up and get the code. If they want to charge you just try calling another dealership.

Also if you have it locked (it says 'off') then you should leave the car ignition on, but dont start the car, for an hour and that should reset it. Or you could disconnect the battery for a half an hour or so and that should reset it also. Goodluck :thumb:

yeah all i can say is get the code from the dealership. bring the car up to them if nothing else and they should be able to pull the part number of the radio and check it that way. i kno they did it for me when i bought my car.. last year

Look in the owners manual, some people write it in there.
And I wouldn't call this a BIG BIG problem. geez

Hey guys... Quick question here. I have a 97 that has been sitting for a while without power while waiting for an engine transplant. I finally got the motor swap done, and everything works great except for the factory head unit!!! It doesn't say "CODE" or anything. It only says "OFF" I can't figure out where to input the code for the head unit! Is there a special way to access the code interface on the head unit?? :confused:

Thanks....

Probably need to reset the head unit so that it starts asking for the code again. If you press the power button and it just says "OFF" then that's kinda what it does when the radio is locked out. I think to be able to input again you leave the key in the on position for like 20 minutes or so. I forget how I did it. Anyway you put in the code by pressing the channel buttons 1-4.

Leave the key in the "ON" position for 20 min!?!? Hopefully thats the trick! I'll give that a shot...:thumb:

Thanks!

does anybody know where i can get the radio code for my 99 eclipse. I call a couple of dealers and said i have to bring the car in and theyll have to remove the radio. They're charging me $120 to get the car there and get the code.

I acidently left the light on through out the whole night and started it, no lights at all. :toobad: I charged the battery and and it starts:D

Now, the radio says "code". i never got the code for the radio b/c i bought the car from a tow company.

Anyone know where i can get the code besides the dealers?

please let me know.

thanks in advance

BS! They cannot charge you for something you own... You will need to remove the stereo tho, and write down the Serial Number, Then the Vin Number of the Car... Proof of Ownership and your set. Thats it! When I bought my 98... It didn't even have a battery! And I got the Code through Mitsubishi.

Yea the dealership with try and f*ck you. You can try and take it to them with what he listed above. I suggest just getting a headunit. You have three tries to enter in a code then it locks you out. So be careful. Theres a few more threads on this topic. Good Luck!!

Call different dealerships, doesn't have to be one close to you, hell it can probably be out of state.

Just have the serial # of the radio, you don't even have to physically remove the stereo, just remove the black pezel around it, and you should be able to see it on the top part of the radio.

Just call and say you need the unlock code and you have the serial #. They will give it to you over the phone.

At least thats what I did.

I'm selling my stock Infinity unit on ebay. I had a question from a potential buyer. He wanted to know if an enable code was needed. I didn't think it was. It is the Infinity CD/Cassette/Radio from a 1996 Eclipse. It is the model with the amp under the passenger seat. Does anyone know for sure if a code is or is not needed on this?

Thanks

Yes, it's needed. And the only way to get it is from the dealer, with the specific VIN of the car it came installed in stock. They may insist on inputting it on-site and refuse to give you the code though.. just try another dealership in that case.

You will need the id number from the stereo too. You'll need to pull out stereo to get the number. Dealer charged me 20 dollars for pin once I pulled out radio myself and got the id number they asked for.

Here is a good one for you all. I own a 98 GSX. I have the code on the two red cards. I even have that same code written in the manual. I entered it in 3 times and then the radio went into off. I have the battery disconnected right now. I don't know how long I am supposed to leave it disconnected before I hook it back up though. I left it for 5 mins and then the car honked at me when i was reconnecting the negative. Scared the crap out of mine. LOL

1) In the manual it says to turn the key to ACC. Would the code not work if I had turned it to ON while entering the code?

2) This stereo better be the one that came with the car. I don't want to have to take my stereo out. If I am going to do that...might as well get a new head unit.

Any thoughts?

Don't trust the cards...the damn headunit had a different serial number than what was given on the cards. Problem solved. I'm happy.

Hey, just woundering if anyone knows a mitsu dealer that can give me my radio code over the phone. Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back