The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Street Build Resurrection of the Red 90 Talon

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alright doubters, neh sayers and bitches.....the car is back together!!!
I currently hold in my hand the celabratory BEER that I dam sure deserve!!!:thumb:
Check out what I got done today..... or rather, let me know what I FORGOT cause other than wiring and checking all hoses, belts, lines, fluids and wire connections, this car MECHANICALLY IS DONE!.
YAY!!!!;):thumb::cool:
I'm not sure what to do with the 3 left over parts....we used to say just put them in the gas tank and they would find their way but IDT those 3 will fit :hmm:
While I may dam near be 60, when I get a hair up my ass, I get some shit DONE!!!
I hope my followers enjoy my work and that it gives THEM ambition too!
"Get er done" as Larry the Cable Guy would say! :)
Marty

20230228_154924.jpg

20230228_154941.jpg

20230228_160955.jpg

20230228_162346.jpg

20230228_150815.jpg

20230228_141327.jpg

20230228_154621.jpg

20230228_170857.jpg

20230228_170910.jpg

20230228_170916.jpg

20230228_171234.jpg

20230228_170906.jpg

20230228_170910.jpg

20230228_170916.jpg

20230228_171234.jpg

20230228_171224.jpg

Last edited:
Doctor put me on a steroid regimen and gave me 2 weeks off work rest on my elbow.....I used the first day to my cars advantage Paul ROFL
I'd help you anyday, let me get those other 2 finished. (More Roids???)
RotfLOL.

Poke poke....

20230228_182505.jpg

20230228_182446.jpg

20230228_182451.jpg

By God I'm takin care of business, that's for SURE!!! 💪💪💪 :)
You seize the opportunity when it arises!!!
When you get close to my age, I am sure you all will or do understand. ROFL

You gave ME inspiration and thank you so much for that! 🙏
I will be "piddling", as my ex says, even though I am not to do repetitive motion with my right elbow. Thank God I'm ambidextrous! What a blessing! 👍

You gave ME inspiration and thank you so much for that! 🙏
I will be "piddling", as my ex says, even though I am not to do repetitive motion with my right elbow. Thank God I'm ambidextrous! What a blessing! 👍
Sometimes an army of one gets shit done!

Truly wish we all lived closer and could enjoy this lifestyle together.

Rest that elbow... youre gonna need it to hold your steering wheel while you shift that beast.

Marty you work too hard!
That tubular front end you have on it, seems like that gives you more room for a full 12" pusher fan on the front of the radiator.
But I don't see a pic for that. I see the Spal poking out the top just a little. But how does it look at the bottom from the front?
Do you have a shot of it with the Spal on?

I don't think I do but it is identically opposite of the puller, fits in under the radiator support. I'll see if I can slip my phone into the front and get a picture.
It really does sit exactly like the puller. No factory oil cooler in the way, I relocated my cooler (B & M) to the passenger wheel well. I'll see later today if I can get a picture that is better than these. I'm running a 12" curved blade 1337 cfm puller and a 12" straight blade 1228 cfm pusher.
I will add that bigger gauge wire will help these fans spin. After rewiring the sons Camaro Spal fans with dual relays, they were noticeably faster!

20230228_115205.jpg

20230228_115130.jpg

20230228_222550.jpg

1677679640030191227950802945088.jpg

I don't think I do but it is identically opposite of the puller, fits in under the radiator support. I'll see if I can slip my phone into the front and get a picture.
It really does sit exactly like the puller. No factory oil cooler in the way, I relocated my cooler (B & M) to the passenger wheel well. I'll see later today if I can get a picture that is better than these.

View attachment 688545

View attachment 688546
For what it's worth I had mine like this before I put my tubular in And it fit just fine

As did mine. The tube front end sits about 3" or so away from the back of the radiator.

Marty you work too hard!
That tubular front end you have on it, seems like that gives you more room for a full 12" pusher fan on the front of the radiator.
But I don't see a pic for that. I see the Spal poking out the top just a little. But how does it look at the bottom from the front?
Do you have a shot of it with the Spal on?
I did the best I could. I had my phone upside down in the 1st 3 pictures of the front fan. It fits right in very nice.

20230301_134126.jpg

20230301_134138.jpg

20230301_134146.jpg

20230301_134342.jpg

20230301_134335.jpg

20230301_134307.jpg

20230301_134401.jpg

20230301_134510.jpg

Ok thanks you guys. I had an 11" Perma Cool in there that seemed like a tight fit when I took it out. And I remember that Vegas said he had to "trim some ribs" on his 12" Spal pushers that he had in front (that's in post #472 in his build thread) although maybe that was just the one on the passenger side? So I figured it's something to check into.

Marty in your latest pics you don't have the top frame to radiator brackets on the radiator. Is that radiator a little taller than stock?

Nope, I just hadn't bolted them down yet as I was trying to remember where I ran my oil cooler lines, so I left it loose so I could tilt it back and french the hoses by the edge and onto the fittings on the OFH.
The radiator is a duplicate of a MitsumotoX, just not as expensive. Those brackets fit just like a stock radiator does. :) Good question for clarity.

Nope, I just hadn't bolted them down yet as I was trying to remember where I ran my oil cooler lines. Those brackets fit just like a stock radiator does.

Ok thanks Marty!

I think it's really cool that Champion makes these radiators for our cars.
I probably would have never known if you weren't posting about them. So thanks!

Given that they are 3-row, and my Koyo I think is only a 2-row, a Champion rad would probably be an upgrade to the Koyo I have now. Probably they are a little thicker, but I have room for a thicker rad on the passenger side, and I would have room on the driver side too if I get rid of that 9" fan that is there now (which is something I want to do anyway).

If you have an extra minute sometime LOL could you measure how thick the top tank is on your Champion rad? I don't see a dimension for that on their web page. My Koyo rad top tank is 1 and 5/8 inches thick, from the front face to the back face of the tank. Difference in top tank thickness would probably tell us how much thicker the core thickness is, pretty close.

Ok thanks Marty!

I think it's really cool that Champion makes these radiators for our cars.
I probably would have never known if you weren't posting about them. So thanks!

Given that they are 3-row, and my Koyo I think is only a 2-row, a Champion rad would probably be an upgrade to the Koyo I have now. Probably they are a little thicker, but I have room for a thicker rad on the passenger side, and I would have room on the driver side too if I get rid of that 9" fan that is there now (which is something I want to do anyway).

If you have an extra minute sometime LOL could you measure how thick the top tank is on your Champion rad? I don't see a dimension for that on their web page. My Koyo rad top tank is 1 and 5/8 inches thick, from the front face to the back face of the tank. Difference in top tank thickness would probably tell us how much thicker the core thickness is, pretty close.
Dug some stuff up for you. You can convert to inches if you like but 36mm koyo is 1.417" vs the 2" champion... everything else is basically the same.

Picture with inches listed is champion, metric is koyo... would make sense that each row is close to .6 inches giving you the size difference... add probanly better cooling.

Anyone want a koyo?
Screenshot_20230303_193434_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230303_204448_eBay.jpg

That’s crazy. I wonder why they didn’t do any kind of marketing for it? For $270-$280 that’s a hell of a bargain.
Probably low on their priority list of parts...

Koyo is expensive due to japanese import taxes for us.. friends in Japan get Koyo cheap. Unfortunately anything leaving is subject to outrageous shipping and taxes.

The above and the brand name koyo make it gold

Dug some stuff up for you. You can convert to inches if you like but 36mm koyo is 1.417" vs the 2" champion... everything else is basically the same.

Picture with inches listed is champion, metric is koyo... would make sense that each row is close to .6 inches giving you the size difference... add probanly better cooling.

Yeah 0.6" thicker for adding one more row sounds about right.
Cool 🙂
Thanks for the info!

I don't think I need one yet, but it's good to know there's other options out there. And isn't Champion made in America?
I will try to show a couple LITTLE mods I did so the radiator and hold downs fit good without it rubbing on anything, as the tank is just a bit wider. (I will measure my MitsumotoX also). The mods were just little things but I am just being cautious. More later today. :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back