The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

95 Talon TSI AWD Resurrection

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikenreiley

Probationary Member
Oct 21, 2006
Strongsville, Ohio
Welp i guess its time for my first dsmtuners build thread after owning 6 dsm i aquired a 95 eagle talon of craigslist in PA. Just picked it up last Thursday, less transmission and transfer case, right lower control arm right upper control arm and right strut coil and mount. paid 500 for it and had to drag it with 3 wheels on it on to the trailer (yes yes it hurt seeing that) 7 bolt looks very clean in the head body is ok interior is disassembled so i have alot of work on my hands. This is gona be a weekend warrior unlike my other 2g was when i had it. first things first is going to be getting it rolling new upper and lower control arms strut strut mount and spring, then getting her running btw looking for a 95 TRANSFER CASE. Stage three will be making her fast this will be a long process but hope to have her running and driving and some rust repair before the 2013 summer / shootout. here are a couple pics i took when i got it and got her home. i will update with more pictures and details as the build goes on. My plans will be big 16 with front mount cams arp studs dsmlink evo 550s act 2600 full 3 inch exhaust no cat everything to run mid to low 12s....

3cx7l.jpg

maf18w.jpg

2ryrlep.jpg

15fna50.jpg

Scetchy trailering her home with only one mount on engine

11spevn.jpg

No right side suspension

19qe05.jpg

Two rust spots

1ev3a0.jpg

Good find, but you have plenty of work in your hands

Thanks and certainly do! Haven't updated yet so here's how she sits now got the suspension on the right side just gotta get the bolt for the lower CA to the frame had the ecu out to check its eprom, waiting to hear back from the link guys about socketing it. And as of yesterday the fixed the ears at the machine shop on the trans (picking it up tonight) transfer case is ordered and should be on its way tomorrow here are some pics.....

346b97n.jpg

fo3sbn.jpg

Time for another update! She's coming along I can't quite say nicely but she's coming along.... two weeks ago finally got some time to take a day off and work on her. Trans is in all connections made battery was in and ready for that first start up. I went to turn the key cranked over twice then just one click. Check batter connections checked starter connections everything was good tried again and the same thing one click. So I called my trusty autozone commercial friends and picked up a starter. Raced home threw her in before sundown and finally she spun over but no start. So I spray a little starting fluid in it crank her over and yaaaaa purred like a kitten for 2 maybe 3 seconds so that told me I had a fuel issue. Turned the key and cranked I couldn't hear the pump so I pick up all the interior panels and crap off the back seat that was thrown in it when I brought her home..... and there's a big gaping hole and no sending up ugh! I sighed and went inside. Next day my buddy texts me and for a sending unit and pump, I ordered it up and a few days later it shows up at my door. Go to put it in and see they also broke the fuel line. Next day I call summit and ordered new stainless line and fittings to out together mu fuel feed. So as it sits now the front brake,sare half installed BC I found a stripped caliper bracket, that is on the way hoping to do a lil work on her tomorrow seeing I only work a half day thanks guys for checking out my build thread and sorry for the run on sentences LOL here are some pics......

1547zbo.jpg

mbsj7o.jpg

2uj5lbc.jpg

Walbro 190 and new -8an feed

Attachments

• mbsj7o.jpg
    mbsj7o.jpg
    163.7 KB · Views: 80
  • 1547zbo.jpg
    1547zbo.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 84
  • 2uj5lbc.jpg
    2uj5lbc.jpg
    241.3 KB · Views: 69
More work completed! Towed the talon up to my work two days ago so I could get it up on the lift and run my fuel line and finish putting it together. Yesterday got it in the shop around 130 and started ripping into her ran my stainless -8 an fuel feed line connected front and back mounts transfer case on cross member on and all kinds of other odds and ends found a coolant line that had a cut in it finally turn the Key and she fired up! For not running for a year and a half she purred like a kitten no check engine light idling normal!

Work I still need to complete:
- front right brakes (finally got my new caliper bracket)
- rebleed clutch
- rear brakes
- left rear wheel bearing
- rear struts ( kyb gr2's on order)
- install aem wideband
- install autometer cobalt boost gauge
- install Hallman pro rx boost controller
- fix exhaust
- install interior
- take her for a RIP!

wanl7m.jpg

akxuft.jpg

10e3pdy.jpg

View]Video - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting My Video[/URL]
Ignore the squealing belt I have to take care of that too!

View My Video

Attachments

• wanl7m.jpg
    wanl7m.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 73
  • akxuft.jpg
    akxuft.jpg
    161.5 KB · Views: 78
  • 10e3pdy.jpg
    10e3pdy.jpg
    172.2 KB · Views: 94
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back