The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Street Build Resurrection of the Red 90 Talon

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Just about right. When I was off work for 2 weeks due to another health deal, I would go out in the morning and work for a couple of hours and got A LOT DONE. Now that I am back to the 9-5, 6 days a week, I am wore out and only have Sundays for any work, when it isn't overbearingly hot and humid. No promises but maybe by the end of August I can be driving the ole girl again. (And "maybe" not getting up to go to work anymore) :cool:

WELL..... My Back is fkn killin me, but the car doesn't put itself together. My son helped me get some little things done yesterday so maybe I can get her out of the lift bay this weekend, at least. The 113* heat index is NOT helping!
Here is where she is at now.
Marty

20240713_112112.jpg

20240713_112137.jpg

20240713_114614.jpg

20240713_114621.jpg

20240713_121403.jpg

20240713_121415.jpg

20240713_121426.jpg

You said it! When you are young, you don't even think about lifting things. When you get over 50, it starts "talking" to ya! I just have to struggle thru or stop doing what makes me happy and I'm not ready to do that.....yet. :thumb:
I have more engines to build and more cars to repair! :cool:

Im unfamiliar with it, but yours is like the 3rd car that Ive seen with it recently, so i figured I would just ask so someone can give a short explanation....
... What is the Dynatek ARC-2 for and what is the advantage of having one? I know it has to do with ignition/spark, but thats about it.

You said it! When you are young, you don't even think about lifting things. When you get over 50, it starts "talking" to ya! I just have to struggle thru or stop doing what makes me happy and I'm not ready to do that.....yet. :thumb:
I have more engines to build and more cars to repair! :cool:
Wish I could say that Marty. Been struggling with chronic back problems since I was 13 I think. At this age it’s a constant struggle to get work done on the car.

I COMPLETELY UNDERSTAND. I am hurting as I type. Went to the shop about 7, so it was cool, and got everything except fluids and a new PS return hose done. Mine was kinked and broken up INSIDE. Never saw it before but never had it off before either. I am hoping I can have this little girl running and good to go so I can drive her to work FOR MY LAST 49 DAYS :cool:;):D
I hope this motor RUNS.....:hmm::hmm:
Marty

My work for the day is done. 105*+ heat index so I did as much as I could EARLY. My son came out when he got up and gave me a hand :applause: , so I think all that is left is vacuum lines(UNDER the intake manifold), oil, filter, antifreeze and transmission fluid. :hmm: It was nice to have help that knew what they were doing! Thanks Son!
Crossing fingers 🤞
I will pull all of the sparkplugs out and run her over to get oil pressure before I go for a first start. This time always makes me nervous.
To be honest, I'm not sure where or how to mount the coil pack.....I'll figure something out.
The UIC pipe position has changed also, as the JMF manifold doesn't sit as high as the Evo3 manifold did. I'll figure something out on that too. I have extra couplers that I can dig thru. I keep spares, because I tend to blow holes in them after they get some age on them. :cool:
Suggestions are WELCOME! :)

20240714_085928.jpg

20240714_085933.jpg

20240714_104941.jpg

20240714_104950.jpg

20240714_105002.jpg

20240714_105015.jpg

Last edited:
Me too J. If I can get her started and no leaks/issues and get a basic/same tune in her, I want to drive her to work for breakin, about 300 miles a week, on E and then start a good tuning process! Get the rings set and leaks, problems all ironed out. :)
Thanks for stickin with me thru all this. My body is NOT happy at all, BUT my HEART and MIND ARE!!!!!!!! :cool: :thumb:

I went out (it's hot as a MF) and added Coolant and oil (no filter, remind me....) to check for leaks tomorrow. I raised her up about a foot so if there's anything leaking, I should spot it with new cardboard under it to check. Still crossing fingers 🤞
Thanks Jeremy!!!

Eh, just leave the filter off. It will be very apparent if you have oil pressure ROFL
Well......that has happened before on a 1970 Chevelle SS. I finished up at 2am and forgot to put the filter on....dumped 5 qt's pretty quick and easy the next mornig, around 7am or so. :banghead:

Im unfamiliar with it, but yours is like the 3rd car that Ive seen with it recently, so i figured I would just ask so someone can give a short explanation....
... What is the Dynatek ARC-2 for and what is the advantage of having one? I know it has to do with ignition/spark, but thats about it.
Well, the ARC2 box has capacitors that hold a charge to bang the plugs nice and hard, if I get it correctly. I've accidentally discharged 3 big caps in a linear amplifier before and shot sparks out of 3 fingers and it tossed me 4 feet away when that happened. Needless to say, I refuse to work on them anymore, LOL.

Yeah, made my head fuzzy for a little bit. No more tube type amplifiers in my house, LOL.

Setback Saturday.
After sitting 2 days, the thermostat housing to block gasket is seeping. The motor hasn't even turned over yet, so while I was at a funeral out of town yesterday, my son took the time to open the radiator petcock and drain the antifreeze back out so I can remove the dam thing and this time it gets Grey RTV on both sides. Nothing funny about either surface but the rtv will take care of this and I hope this is THE ONLY THING I have to report about! I have to pump 3/4 of a tank of E out and refill with a fresh 5 gallons I got and finish up the vacuum lines with hose clamps or zip ties. I noticed my washer fluid tank is broken so I am going to attempt to fiberglass it so it will hold fluid again.
Little things......they still take time (and the lawn needs mowed, clothes washed, dishes done......). I will get there, its just slow! :thumb:

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back