The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

Rear and Front Tubular Cross Memmbers with 3 diff options

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

talont3t4

20+ Year Contributor
Feb 9, 2003
Edmonton, AB_Canada
Since no one is making these I took it upon myself to build my own with the help of my good friend/mech engineer DJ. We are going to be doing full structural annliysis on these to ensure there as light and as strong as possible. Going to make the rear to beable to use the EVO or 3000Gt diff or if wanted the stock diff.

Making the ficture out of 2x4 for a solid base
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Using the CNC lathe to ensure perfect cuts

testing differect diff's and finding axle center line and pinion input positions

Waiting for more pics & text , because i dont understand what it is you are doing here.

any updates???

Yeah sorry my new Viper had me distracted most of the summer :) Hoping to have this done in the next couple of weeks. Big thanks to Paul who I sourced my hemi joints from!

Paul Already makes one. Here is the thread on the one im talking about. We also installed one of these in one of our old cars. http://www.dsmtuners.com/forums/custom-fabrication/419735-tubular-rear-subframe-input-needed-11.html

Yeah please re-read what this thread is about???

Sorry for the lack of updates here is a quick pic subframe is done but I'm away at work will post more pics when I get back in town. Turned out great and thanks again to Kris for the welding help!

New Chrome Moly sub frame done and mounted in place :)

I will update with more pics just been so busy!

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back