The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Tubular rear subframe - Input needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

New to tuners been a dsm for few years currently building a 95 gsx and am interested in your rear sub frame and front cross member if you could pm me I would appreciate it .thanks

I told myself that as soon as these "quite down", I'll start advertising them. I just didn't want advertising to cause me to get further behind. But they haven't really slowed down yet. I just finished welding up rear subframe #17 this past Sunday, and I still have two more to go before I'm caught up. By the time those are done, I'm sure I'll have 2 or 3 more on order...

So yeah, still making them. The next two will be for the 3000GT rearend too, so I'm in the process of sorting that out as well. Feel free to PM me if you're interested.

Paul, are you able/willing to fabricate these with other than Mitsubishi rear diffs?
Possibly. It would usually require me purchasing that rearend and having it machined (narrowed) to fit in my jig. Then I'd have to have someone draw up the new bracketry in CAD and have a shop produce a bulk order of it. It's a lot of work and expense, and I probably wouldn't be interested in dedicating that much effort for a one-off build. But for a popular rearend that would be commonly used and ordered again and again, it would be worth putting in the time.

What did you have in mind?

Nice work! From stock set up to your set up, what's the weight difference and what's the weight difference between your chromoly and mild steel set up? I know stock is heavy!

Nice work! From stock set up to your set up, what's the weight difference and what's the weight difference between your chromoly and mild steel set up? I know stock is heavy!
Thanks. The drag version saves ~37.5 lbs +8.5 lbs for the sway bar, so a total of 46 lbs. The road race version sheds 29 lbs while maintaining the sway bar.

I'm not sure what a mild steel version would weigh as I've never done one. It would depend solely on the wall thickness of the tubing used.

3kgt vr4 tubular rear subframe would be on my list to purchase. Can't wait to see it!

Paul what's the difference between drag version and road race version? Is one just using thicker wall tubing or is there additional bracing added?

Paul what's the difference between drag version and road race version? Is one just using thicker wall tubing or is there additional bracing added?
Overall, they are the same design, but the road race version uses thicker wall tubing for added strength (and weight), brackets to mount the sway bar, and has spherical provisions to attach a sway bar to the LCA's. So the LCA's weigh more too.

Bringing up an old thread here...

First post on forum, but have read through most of this thread, and I have to say that this subframe looks incredible!

I don't have a DSM myself, but my 94' Galant has a big portion of the same suspension parts and such as the DSM's.

Are You still making these? Have you shipped one outside the US? Are you willing to do so? I live in Norway and need one of these for my 3kGT/Galant conversion ;-)

Thanks

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back