The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

Tubular front k-member/sub-frame design

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My chassis guy is starting a tubular k-member for me this coming Monday. I've discussed the growing desire for these with him and he's willing to make a jig off of it so that it can easily be replicated. We're planning on making it work w/ factory LCA and then make tubular control arms down the road. I'll update/post pics up once we get going next week.

My chassis guy is starting a tubular k-member for me this coming Monday. I've discussed the growing desire for these with him and he's willing to make a jig off of it so that it can easily be replicated. We're planning on making it work w/ factory LCA and then make tubular control arms down the road. I'll update/post pics up once we get going next week.

Can I get an amen!

Sorry to bring back such a old thread but i was just wondering if anything been done with this yet or not? I just pulled my 92 tsi apart so I can start building a jig up for this exact project. I just wanted to know if someone else has started doing these besides the ones that were custom one offs?

Question of the day:

Has anyone done any solid modeling of either generation car? And by that, I really mean, has anyone done a really really good job measuring where all the suspension points are in relation to each other?

I have a 1g track car that I'd really like to put a solid sub-frame and control arm combination on it, someday. I've watched threads like this one form for the past 4-5 years and almost zero progress has been made.

Here is what I'm proposing: We do this as a group effort. I'm an engineer by profession, and have the ability to design something like this. It would be a ton of time/effort for me to do the whole thing, and I cannot commit that amount of time to something that, if I'm the only one purchasing it, will cost way too much to justify...

If, however, there are other people willing to do some of this work, ie if someone out there has a straight 1g chassis they are willing to donate, and someone else has the ability/time/patience/tools to effectively measure everything, we could put together a design of which you could take drawings to a machine shop of your choosing to manufacture (in whatever modified fashion you want) OR, we can approach a single vendor and give them the design on the basis that they manufacture at least X many sets.

I have to make sure that the guy who owned the yard hasn't junked them yet, but at one time I had a 90 AWD chassi and a 91 FWD chassi that I would gladly donate to this cause with the stipulation that I be provided with a working unit at a reasonable price after they are completed. I will be able to verify the availability of the cars over presidents day weekend.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back