The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support ExtremePSI

Questions for Justin...

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

And Bud, you make my brain hurt more than necessary sometimes. Refer to the last sentence in post #567 for reinforcement of your question. ROFL

You and me both on the brain hurting part..

Yes I understand the whole abandon the OEM part..And agree..

Some day it will happen..That day is not today, or any day coming soon..

Justin, Where can i find those special locking tabs, that go under the bolts that hold the turbine housing in place, that keep the bolts from backing out? I forgot what their called. They look like the straps that hold the comp. housing on, but smaller, and they are wavy, almost like having tabs on the end.

Got my answer. Called dog bone plates. Now...where can i get some?

Hey Jus did you RTV my housing before you sent it out today?

Hey Jus did you RTV my housing before you sent it out today?
Small bead in the corner of the groove on the CHRA, allowed to dry completely before assembly. This is normally what I do when the customer is unsure how the cover will be clocked so the cover won't be impossible to move once the turbo is received.

On a 2g is the t25 fed from the OFH or not?Should a restrictor be used?I would guess it is not nessasary, but I felt it was to ask..
All fed from the filter housing with a restrictor from the factory.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes to Holset information,

DSMTuners > Google

LOL

That funny because it's soo true.

By the way do you think $265 is too pricey for a genuine Holset Turbing shaft/wheel? I got the BAE brand replacement one installed right now but I just don't know how long it will last, being made with inferior material maybe. I won't be pushing the Hx40 too crazy, it would just suck to have fail withing the first season of using it. Thanks

Cool I will just go the cheap route and run it until it pukes then. I don't know if I should ask in this thread or not but how much do you charge for a typical rebuild of an Hx40? Thanks

Allright I got another brain buster for you..

This guy bought a garret turbo got his sons cummins..I was going to get the holset for a stupid low number..But the new garrett turbo does not fit..

My buddy already left So I won't have any more info for you at this moment..

The guy said and i shit you not, garrets don't have model numbers..:banghead: I know right..

Your trained brain couldn't narrow it down to what turbo he may be holding could you?

I can't get the holset anymore, since the garret did not fit..So that's out, even tho I already wrote the check..

Really man..The one guy I could ask about the garret and you have no idea..I have a picture of it..But that is not gonna help you at all.Trust me on that..

Well crap..I guess I'm just gonna wait till my buddy goes back down..To see if I can't get a model number or perhapps acutal camera pictures, not blurry cell phone pics..

He did say something about 33mm's..But If I know that doesn't mean crap..I don't obviously need to tell you..

Found out what turbo that garrett is..

I'm told its a garrett gt25...Anything I should know about it..Trims, AR..Would it be easier for me to look it up on garret turbos or do you know a thing or 42 about this turbo?

They list 2 gt25's on their website..

EDIT: There is nooooo way this turbo is actually a gt25..The picture I have does not match either gt25's on garretts website..

EDIT2: From the picture I have, if the turbo is real and not modified..It has to be a gt42 or larger..

Found out what turbo that garrett is..

I'm told its a garrett gt25...Anything I should know about it..Trims, AR..Would it be easier for me to look it up on garret turbos or do you know a thing or 42 about this turbo?

They list 2 gt25's on their website..

EDIT: There is nooooo way this turbo is actually a gt25..The picture I have does not match either gt25's on garretts website..

EDIT2: From the picture I have, if the turbo is real and not modified..It has to be a gt42 or larger..

Measure the inducer of the compressor. If its bigger than about 60mm, its to big for you.

Potential HP for holset HX-30? I saw his thread and I thought I would pick your brain a little!

Most search results are for hx35/40's and not much about the 30 so I figured I would thow this in here.

Not sure at all. Compressor maps show it to be on-par with a 20G, but you'd have to use a manifold with a T3 flange and external gate as well as fab your own o2 housing. That's a lot of work when there are direct bolt-on 20G's available.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back