The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support ExtremePSI

FMIC fitment questions for a 1g

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

evood69

10+ Year Contributor
Aug 17, 2009
roanoke, Virginia
Well I have spent the past hour or two searching and I havent really found an answer to this. If it has been answered I am sorry for asking it over again. The short route kits on ebay look the same as any other ones. I realize the cores are rated differently, but thats not really my question. When it comes to the piping and routing is there any real difference between a 1g and a 2g. I have a 1g and was wondering if it was a huge difference or not too get a 2g to work for a 1g.

Well I have spent the past hour or two searching and I havent really found an answer to this. If it has been answered I am sorry for asking it over again. The short route kits on ebay look the same as any other ones. I realize the cores are rated differently, but thats not really my question. When it comes to the piping and routing is there any real difference between a 1g and a 2g. I have a 1g and was wondering if it was a huge difference or not too get a 2g to work for a 1g.

The chassis is different and thus the holes to put the short-route piping through would also be different (elevation, diameter etc.). I haven't personally experienced putting a 2g in a 1g so I'm just speculating.

Just save up and get the 1g short route kit, it's a pain in the ass to get the piping through there as it is.

Alright I appreciate it. I have the money for a 1g, just was going to try to save a few dollars if possible. If you dont mind me asking, what fmic setup do you run?
Thanks

if your looking for a short route go with the vr speed kit

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back