The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Punishment FMIC core mounting!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Afizzle

Proven Member
Jan 16, 2013
Dallas, Texas
The 2g FMIC kit came with no instructions or directions on how to install.

It came with 2 sets of two types of mounting rails, 4 bolts, 4 washers and spacers.

And I have no clue where to mount any of it :(

YouTube tuners, talk, source... NOONE has a decent write up specifically for where the core mounts.

Can someone get me a diagram please?! <3

:dsm:

Ducting is still not a bad idea especially if you want to cool the system as efficiantly as possible. I had to duct my system due to being in FL and summer temps + 100% humidity and running a/c kept my car at 210-215 all the time even with the switch fan mod from luv2rally! After ducting and new thermostat with a/c on and 80's outside I run at 180-195 so it does work well.

Your difference may be mostly in the summ btw its cold out now FYI.

Last edited by a moderator:
anytime I have ever bought anything that was a "kit" it always had something that didnt fit right. I ended up paying a tuner shop to build me a FMIC with all the pipes just to save the headache. It wasnt cheap but it came out awesome and never leaked.

Ducting is extremely important and has been proven. Just because you are not over heating doesn't mean you shouldn't run cooler. Less heat is always better and since I'm keeping A/C, I've been looking into how to do it. I would recommend it to anyone utilizing a large fmic to force the air through it and through the radiator, nowhere else.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back