The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support JNZ Tuning
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

PST Carbon Fiber 2g 2-piece Driveshaft, It's Arrived!

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

There's a thread about it, with a bit of info... one of those things where you just have to start buying stuff and getting out your multimeter, that's how I'd try to tackle it anyway.

Hey guys,

Should have some actually dyno results for you this week. Got some stuff worked out:)

I will post before and after results.

As for the s2000 cluster, or for that matter any questions, feel free to contact me through PM.

thanks,

Steven Eliuk

Really havent had time to install, people moving, work and such.

The plan is this week, however the plan last week was to have it installed by this week, etc. LOL.

Steven

Rated at 800 ft lbs, is that torque at the crank? I can't imagine it being at the actual driveshaft, since first gear on a m/t is ~3:1, and even assuming the primary and transfer case are 1:1(which they are not) it couldn't handle 300 ft lbs at the crank. Granted its split between the front and rear, I'm sure it would spike to that every once in a while. Maybe I just answered my question :rolleyes:

just to add, this is a quote directly from their website. im not sure if this particular shaft has this rating or not, but im sure it cant be that far off if most of their other carbon fiber shafts pass this rating.

Carbon Fiber Driveshafts

The finest driveshaft available anywhere. Each driveshaft is specifically designed by our Engineering Department to optimize the characteristics of Carbon Fiber required in your special application. Passed SFI test at 2800 Ft/lbs torque. Prices range from $500.00 to $950.00.

Had to revert to installing myself in my basement because management changes at old shop.

So i test fit the CF shaft and everything looks perfect, initially i thought i would need to modify the apexi dunk exhaust but currently after the test fit i got room.

I need to drill the rear diff flange for the large rear u-joint on the cf driveshaft. I also need to drill the new carrier. Everything is measured and ready to go, so monday i should have it installed.

If there are no issues with the exhaust than i should have some test results for you.

Really sorry its takin so long but sometimes things just dont work out,

I feel very bad for PST, they were more than helpful. They have confirmed orders and are just waiting on myself to get them some data. I feel like an ass.

Everything appears to fit perfectly though according to the test fit.

Okay got the driveshaft installed. Just waiting for the bolts, should be here any day. The apexi dunk exhuast is about 1 inch from the driveshaft so im going to drive the car carefully down to my buddies place of employment and hes going to modify it. Fitment was perfect and she looks very pretty, no issues with exhaust hangers or anything. The exhaust should actually flow a little better because its removing a slight bend which really i cant see the point of.

One question for you though, on the exhaust there are sections which are a lot bigger almost looks like there could be a a baffle(spelling) or something there? Im removing two of these section and refitting with a straight piece of tubing.

Thanks

Hes on vacation, back in a couple weeks.

I will talk to him ad get official pricing and such.

Hes on vacation, back in a couple weeks.

I will talk to him ad get official pricing and such.

One question for you though, on the exhaust there are sections which are a lot bigger almost looks like there could be a a baffle(spelling) or something there? Im removing two of these section and refitting with a straight piece of tubing.

Those are resonators (which is a terrible name, since they are designed to cancel resonations). They are placed at specific locations in order to work. Removing them will increase flow, but make the car louder.

- Jtoby

Thats what i figured, resonators that is. They will soon be gone, hope it doesnt get to much louder.

I have to have the exhaust modified before i can really put any serious torque to it. Should be done by friday,

But i can grab some pics on tuesday,

Steven

PST is a shitty company to deal with so far. I have called about a price, left my name and number with there promise to reply. A week later I am calling again and this guy that says he is the shop manager acts like I am putting him out by asking for the price and info on ordering it. I told him I though some people said they had orders in in and he replied that they are all liars, LOL. His attitude was quite negative. I will never do business with them based on the fact that I have to deal with people like that. Just my opinion, this just happened today.

Well dealing with PST in the past they are a 100% standup company. Everyone there has treated me with respect and is easy to deal with.

I just talked to Chris who is running the phones and Mark is out of town till the 22nd. Which i understand sucks,

I should really take some if not all of the blame here, Mark had attempted to get some results from me but i just had no time to get the drive shaft installed and a bunch of changes have taken place with a shop i use to be involved with which also led to the delay.

Now i have results for him, called him last week, hes on holidays. The other fella bob doesnt know all the details because he was never really involved.

Sorry again,

Steven

PS i personally have taken it onto myself to get some pricing for everyone on tuners.com and dsmlink.com. I really do believe that pst is not to blame here besides maybe not having all the details because Mark is out of town. Remember this is a very small portion of what they do, maybe 0.1% and we should be more than happy they are producing these.

Ive got a second so i will go grab some pics of it installed on the car. The exhaust is awaiting modification so i can really see how she performs with some WOT runs.

Here are the pics,

For the front carrier i have to install some bushings. For the gap, but im just waiting till my buddy throws it on the hoist to do the exhaust. Enough crawling around under my car, LOL.

Anyway here they are.

PS the clearances look a little tight however i currently have 1 inch at the worst case. After i modify the exhaust i should have atleast 2 inchs. Pictures just make it look bad.

Steven

Attachments

• pst1.jpg
    pst1.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 1,051
  • pst2.jpg
    pst2.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 1,087
  • pst3.jpg
    pst3.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 1,038
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back