1. Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;)

1g 2 piece driveshaft

Posted by allmine104, Mar 30, 2020

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support Morrison Fabrication
  1. allmine104

allmine104 Proven Member

Joined Nov 7, 2011
    Atlanta, Georgia
    I need to rebuild my driveshaft because of bad carrier bearings and lobrojoint. I'm getting noise and vibration from both and was thinking about eliminating the lobrojoint making the driveshaft two pieces from the front carrier back. Does anyone have experience with this? I don't want to go with the aluminum DSS route. Thank you for your input

2. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    That is how I would like to do it on my car. I think it's pretty lame to spend $800 on a driveshaft that requires the use of the stock rear section.

Showcar Build 6K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM
  3. allmine104

allmine104 Proven Member

Joined Nov 7, 2011
    Atlanta, Georgia
    Hey Kurt, thanks for you input man, your opinion I trust. Yea the alu DSS option has never really appealed to me...Any other ideas recommendations?

4. bastarddsm

bastarddsm Proven Member

Joined Aug 26, 2003
    Mendota, Illinois
    I've not really cam across a solution I liked. I've toyed with the idea of using parts of a 3kgt driveshaft. The last section is a rubber isolater. Should help quiet down driveline noise quite a bit.

Other than that, I have nothing. I should start looking into it, as I'm likely finally going to do the 300m tcase and 3kgt rear end soon.

Showcar Build 6K  1

1991 Eagle Talon N/T
    9.805 @ 144.00 · 1G DSM