The Central Hub for DSM Community and Information

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. This is where the DSM platform history is documented and archived. Log in to help us in our mission, and to remove most ads from the browsing experience.

Project: EFI SWAP What do I need to make it work?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

When you swap in injectors, the wrong method is to use mafcomp. Nothing changed with the airflow.

Either the injectors don't flow exactly 630cc, or the fuel pressure gauge isn't damn exact, or most likely both.

Base fuel pressure, global %, and deadtime are the only 'knobs' to turn for setting up the injectors.

Without a wideband you're really stabbing in the dark and I wouldn't bother with the 630cc injectors, which by the way is some weird size I have never heard of in my 25+ years.
 
When you swap in injectors, the wrong method is to use mafcomp. Nothing changed with the airflow.

Either the injectors don't flow exactly 630cc, or the fuel pressure gauge isn't damn exact, or most likely both.

Base fuel pressure, global %, and deadtime are the only 'knobs' to turn for setting up the injectors.

Without a wideband you're really stabbing in the dark and I wouldn't bother with the 630cc injectors, which by the way is some weird size I have never heard of in my 25+ years.
I do have a wideband, as I mentioned its running around 14.7 in the short test drive. the wide band is pretty much the only way I have ever been able to tune this engine. the injectors are the best fit for this engine (from a porsche 997 turbo)
 
heres the injectors im using

and yes I did delete the resistor pack

one says 630cc the other 600cc

I did, their last update is 2023.

I just went and started it, let it idle, and once it warmed up, the idle a/f kept oscillating between 13.5 to 16
 
While he's using DSMLink V2 (and can't really upgrade the ECU software) this isn't a DSM he's working on. So we can't apply DSM behavior to a lot of the troubleshooting.

The fact that it stops connecting when the car is running is a big indication that something critical is broken. I don't know if it's the ECU being too busy to process the data link or is there is yet another wiring issue that causes this.
 
You have to fix the freezing when running issue, that has to be really frustrating. Does it do it for both streaming and capturing?
yes it is a pain, havent had too much of a chance to dig into it but, I did notice that with the coils disconnected, the program wouldn't freeze with continuous cranking.
 
While he's using DSMLink V2 (and can't really upgrade the ECU software) this isn't a DSM he's working on. So we can't apply DSM behavior to a lot of the troubleshooting.

The fact that it stops connecting when the car is running is a big indication that something critical is broken. I don't know if it's the ECU being too busy to process the data link or is there is yet another wiring issue that causes this.
Well, one thing I just tried last night, I selected the evo3 ( i think) maf profile, and that seemed to help. No idle bounce, and now idling around 12 a/f
 
You have to fix the freezing when running issue, that has to be really frustrating. Does it do it for both streaming and capturing?
Hmmm, is there a difference? I just always click live stream.... I thought it was capturing automatically?
 
Add Value - Be Respectful - No Trolling - No Misinformation - Participate Often!
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community

Latest Classifieds

  • For sale 2g 2g AWD auto trans case
    2g AWD auto trans case. No broken bolts or stripped threads. Bead blasted case will look new...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 2g 2g GST auto trans case
    2g auto trans case. With bearing plate and end case covers. Good condition. Trans was like...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • Wanted 2g 2g radiator support
    Im looking for a radiator support if anyone has one
    • Fundsm
    • Updated:
    • Expires
  • For sale 4G63 3 inch Magnaflow SS high flow cat. CA approved.
    3 inch Magnaflow stainless cat. High flow. 18.25 inches. Flange holes are 4 1/8 center. Has...
    • Galant665
    • Updated:
  • For sale 4G63 Race parts.
    Brand new seal in box Kigglys HLA 175$Kigglys 12 tooth billet crankshaft triggel setup 250$...
    • GST2012GSX
    • Updated:
    • Expires
Back
Top