The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support RTM Racing
Please Support Rix Racing

Program the remote control in the visor? [Homelink home link]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

If you care enough about it, ask people here on the forums what opener they use with the're eclipse and buy the same one. Good luck. :talon: :thumb:
-Cory

Hmm...come to think of it, aren't most new openers rolling code? I'm pretty sure the one for my house is, but I was trying it at a friends house...gotta find the remote for home :p

Thanks for the input...I'll post an update if anything works

I dont have the owners manuel...anybody know how to do it? Im sure its simple.:thumb:

On my 97 gs-t, there are 3 buttons on my driver's side flip down visor... does anyone know what these can be used for? and how to program them?

Originally posted by Red97Eclipseboy
There are also some directions in your manual- it takes about thirty seconds to complete. Have fun! :dsm:

never got a owners manual with my car, do you know how to do it?

I have mine programmed to an X-10 system, and turn on my porch lights as I pull into the driveway.

Maybe someday I'll rent a Bobcat and make room in the garage for the car..... :rolleyes:

k guys i tried it out, but doesn't it work. I reset my homelink buttons. after i put my car in the ACC mode, i held the remote for the garage, and pressed the middle button of the 3 homelink buttons, it does a slow flash then starts to do a rapid flash. so that means that it has successfully programmed. so i press the button, and it holds a solid light. nothing happens after that??? what can be the problem?

i've tried that. does the homelink have its own antenna? or does it use the radio antenna?

new guy here...i just purchased a 98 spyder GS and i wanted to program the garage door opener to open my garage but the car came with no owners manual...can someone please tell me?

Does your garage door opener have a "learning" mode - on mine there is a button on the opener itself, and you press that, then press the button on the device you want to program (like the wireless keypad or wireless pad inside the car). Try doing this, it worked on one of our older cars (a mid-90s lincoln towncar) with a built in visor button. Good luck!

exactly. I used to install sectional garage doors and concure with speed freak. Find the learn button on the head unit of your electric garage door opener (ussually somewhere under the light cover), press it, after you press it you ussually have a 30 second window to run out to your car and press and hold your visor button for like 5 seconds. The reciever will learn the signal from the visor so long as they are compatible. Some work but some dont. After like 30 seconds give the button a press and hopefully the garage door will respond. Good luck.
:)

1) First erase the channels by holding down the 2 outside buttons until the red light begins to flash.
2) While holding the end of your hand held garage opener transmitter 1" from the visor buttons, hold the transmitter button and the desired visor button down. Continue holding until red light flashes first slowly and then rapidly.
3) Rolling code systems are different (visor appears to be programmed but door won't open or opener was made after 1995). PM me for this proceedure or call customer assistance 1-800-355-3515.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back