The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

How do you recover sunvisors with homelink?

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rolltidero

Proven Member
Jan 9, 2014
Madison, Alabama
I have read many write ups on how to recover sun visors, some with mirrors some without, but I have never found one that does it while recovering with homelink. I found this
http://www.dsmtuners.com/threads/yo...de-of-a-homelink-sun-visor-looks-like.363059/
and it seems like he destroyed his visor. I also don't know how to get the material to sit flush over the remote. Does the homelink come out of the visor? If so, how? Also, is there a special way to separate the visor? or is it just like a normal visor, just slice and open like a clamshell. Lastly, I know the power is provided from the car so obviously there is a wire running somewhere. I know how to remove the passenger visor, but just looking at the driver side, I don't see where a wire would run. So, once the visor is unscrewed, where is the wire and how do I disconnect it? I know this is alot but all of y'all are so helpful so I figured yall would know. If this has already been answered I apologize.

The homelink can be removed once the visor is open. You can re-wrap it with the homelink on easily, just have the fabric tucked under it. Sorry I can't be very specific, I did my visor and headliner last year. The wire travels under the headliner, there are wires on both visors. Honestly, just remove the visors and you will learn along the way. It's incredibly simple to understand how everything works.

By the way, when I did my visor I delete the homelink. I didn't need it so I covered the hole and wrapped it like that.

The homelink can be removed once the visor is open. You can re-wrap it with the homelink on easily, just have the fabric tucked under it. Sorry I can't be very specific, I did my visor and headliner last year. The wire travels under the headliner, there are wires on both visors. Honestly, just remove the visors and you will learn along the way. It's incredibly simple to understand how everything works.

By the way, when I did my visor I delete the homelink. I didn't need it so I covered the hole and wrapped it like that.
Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if it came out of the visor or if it was somehow molded into it.

The triangular cover plate for the Homelink comes off fairly easily. You would have a difficult time removing the Homelink control box without damaging the visor -- good thing you don't need to remove it to recover the visor. Pop the cover plate and leave the control box in place.

Is the plate inside the visor?
The cover plate I'm referring to is the triangular one that holds the rubber buttons in place. It clips on to the main control box underneath and holds the buttons in place. Use a large flat blade screwdriver, or similar tool, and gently pry it off. You'll see the control unit underneath.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back