The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Program the remote control in the visor? [Homelink home link]

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I have a factory homelink I got out of a junkyard car (97 or newer) but I don't know which one. If it is in fact true the 97 or older doesn't work with rolling codes I probably have a 97 as I cannot get it to work no matter what I do. I've looked at every link, tried every combination and can't get it to work. Are there any visual clues to the year? Mine has a red oval LED on it. I suspect newer ones might have a house shaped or triangular LED. Anybody with a 97, 98 or 99 care to comment what they have that came with the car? Mine came with the lighted visor and I've read to have the parking lights on. That didn't work either.

As you said I recently tried it with my 97 GS-T and nothing happened. It seemed to sync, but it will not open the door. :confused: :ohdamn: :cry: But I have already have my own automatic garage door opener.

You need the opener to talk to the HomeLink (the buttons in the visor) to teach it your garage door's code. If you can locate or buy another remote, here is the sequence to program the car's HomeLink buttons:

1. In the car, press and HOLD the outer two HomeLink buttons until the HomeLink light begins to flash rapidly. This will clear any old codes left in the car's controls.

2. Take the garage remote and hold it near the HomeLink buttons. Press and HOLD BOTH the garage remote and one of the HomeLink buttons until the HomeLink light begins to flash rapidly.

Now your car has learned the proper garage door code, but you must get "permission" from the garage door opener itself before it will let the HomeLink open the door:

3. Climb up on a ladder and press the "Learn" button on the back of the garage door opener. WITHIN 30 SECONDS, get back into the car and press the programmed HomeLink button 3 times, for about 2 seconds each time.

When the garage light flashes, your code is locked in!

More specifics are available at homelink.com.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back