The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Rix Racing

Plastidipped my car.

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wanted to clean up the wheel well areas so I decided to base coat it in white then plasti dip over it for a nice rubber coating

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Hopefully this looks good next to it

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

good work all look forward to seeing everyone finished projects. Has anyone stated how hard it plasti dip to clean ( dirt, dust and road grime, etc). I'm still thinking about doing it but need to know about the washing and cleaning process after the car is painted.

good work all look forward to seeing everyone finished projects. Has anyone stated how hard it plasti dip to clean ( dirt, dust and road grime, etc). I'm still thinking about doing it but need to know about the washing and cleaning process after the car is painted.

I had my car sitting outside in some really bad winter weather elements for over 3 months straight. All and water with a brush to wash a regular car and hosed it all off after. Came out looking good, and then to dry it i used one of my shammys at work, its not a towel style with fibers but it seemed to come out looking great. Not sure how it looks with water marks and all that if you dont dry it but thats just my 2 cents.

I had my car sitting outside in some really bad winter weather elements for over 3 months straight. All and water with a brush to wash a regular car and hosed it all off after. Came out looking good, and then to dry it i used one of my shammys at work, its not a towel style with fibers but it seemed to come out looking great. Not sure how it looks with water marks and all that if you dont dry it but thats just my 2 cents.
Cool just the info I was looking for.

I did my bumper red and I have to say I'm very very happy bit it takes a long time to do it....I also did my Hood black..soon the top will be black and the rest of the car red, and yes my bumper is stiched together i cant find one at a junk yard and i dont want to pay 300 new for one, i like the stiched, also i replaced those zip ties i painted over for some new ones to give it the red and black look i love

Why didn't you just patch it from the inside?

When the bumper broke I was on base I couldn't leave for like four days so I just stitched it and liked the look when I did it and I wasn't hiding a hole so I couldn't do a side exhaust and I don't like the look of side exhaust

cool deal. Keep us posted on the progress. Also your not that far from me. When you get it done I may take a ride that way to look at the finished product.

i will be doing doors tmw and post pictures right after, then thursday night im going to paint the top part black just because i will be out of red once i get done with the doors haha, 12 cans of red and itll be half the car but i made sure it was put on very nicely, and yeah your only like 100 miles away which isnt bad at all, i didnt care to much about the dents so just look passed that and youll love it haha

cool deal. Keep us posted on the progress. Also your not that far from me. When you get it done I may take a ride that way to look at the finished product.

i will be doing doors tmw and post pictures right after, then thursday night im going to paint the top part black just because i will be out of red once i get done with the doors haha, 12 cans of red and itll be half the car but i made sure it was put on very nicely, and yeah your only like 100 miles away which isnt bad at all, i didnt care to much about the dents so just look passed that and youll love it haha
I noticed the dents they add character. LOL

are you using any primer at all? are u sanding? i want to do this too, if i use any

bondo for my prep work, do i have to prime that?

are you using any primer at all? are u sanding? i want to do this too, if i use any

bondo for my prep work, do i have to prime that?

I'm pretty sure you don't need to use primer as this stuff would probably stick to just about anything. Primer wouldn't be a bad ideal though especially if you have multiple different colors your trying to cover with it. I think you may use less dip if you start out with the car all one color especially if it is a light color.

heeeell yeaaaaaa. i got a few spots to prep and then sometime in the summer i

probably get to that, it pretty much looks like a mate black right? no booth or

close garage needed either huh?

do yall think it would look stupid if my rims stay the same color they are? silver gray u can see them on my sig picture

yeah its pretty much gonna all be a matte/flat color after it dries but no booth or garage really needed, but if your doing it outside just mkae sure its an amazing day out with no wind LOL, but really if you can atleast get it in a garage that would be golden just make sure the door it open with a fan blowing all the fumes out, youll get sick if you dont have a mask or if you dont get the fumes out. a matte black with silver rims wouldnt look bad, but its all up to you on how you want your car to look, if you read the whole thread youll see that you can just peel off the stuff if you dont like it, its not that easy to peel off like you would think but when you want it off itll come off on your terms not the weather or road conditions or anything just on your terms

heeeell yeaaaaaa. i got a few spots to prep and then sometime in the summer i

probably get to that, it pretty much looks like a mate black right? no booth or

close garage needed either huh?

do yall think it would look stupid if my rims stay the same color they are? silver gray u can see them on my sig picture

Amazing reply. Thanx a lot for taking the time. I saw that u could peel it off but hope it doesn't come to that.

Best of luck

so all you guys did was:
-Wetsand(what grit did you guys use?)
-Dry and clean it
-Apply coats(How many coats? Thick or thin?How far away is the nozzle?)
Thats it? You guys seem to have some good results and would love to try it on my faded out 1g.

so all you guys did was:
-Wetsand(what grit did you guys use?)
-Dry and clean it
-Apply coats(How many coats? Thick or thin?How far away is the nozzle?)
Thats it? You guys seem to have some good results and would love to try it on my faded out 1g.

no no no no nooooooooo sanding!!!!

Wash teh car as best as you can. Dry it off and get very bit of water out of all the little cracks and any area water couple get to. Tape off all the windows and tail lights as best as you can. I spray a light base coat then start going with some heavy coats and then back to light coats. I spray about 10 coats on each panel, and my results turned out great.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back