The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

OBX has new 4g64 manifold (looks similar to ERL Placement)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

I'm doing a side exit exhaust so I could careless about the downpipe issue. But can't tell how close it'll be to the oil dipstick.
Good thing for you, the dipstick tube is bendable. Just re-shape it and put it anywhere you need it to be. I've had to move mine everytime I switch to a different turbo.

I ordered one of the obx manifolds as well. I will be installing next week hopefully. Pics to come.

I had to tweak the oil dipstick tubing about 4" towads the block to clear the WG on my setup. No big deal, didn't even un-bolt it. :thumb:

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Last edited by a moderator:
:thumb:The slight angle on the OBX makes a big difference on fitment. I'd go th route. You don't have to dent the water pipes etc... Also if you want to go with a larger housing in the future you won't have to worry about it hitting the block. Grab that $170 del while it lasts. :thumb:

Anyone know if it's the same manifold or not? It looks the same but if I didn't ask and I ordered it, with my luck it wouldn't work. Lol.

OBX Gray T3 Turbo Exhaust Header Manifold 00-05 Eclipse 4G64 2.4L | eBay

Thanks for being the one to suck it up and try it out before I do. Lol.

So, does this manifold move the placement of the turbo? EI: Is the O2 hosuing still in the same place to connect to the downpipe?

That is what I was hoping for, but unfortunately it does not. Best I can tell if you cut the 02 housing and rotated it 20* or so towards the engine it would come very close. The non-angled budget type manifolds may fit with this 02 housing. Of course if you have a Vband type 02 housing then I think you’d be good to go.

I’m going to try a 45* bend right out of the 02 housing without cutting it. I think it will clear my IC piping and block with your nifty cross-member I just ordered. Also thinking of just welding a Vband setup right in the middle of the 02 housing. That way I'd have all the rotation needed and easy disassembly. :aha:

Alrighty, I'm really curious about this manifold myself, and how it compares to the Punishment budget manifold (T3/T4 TURBO MANIFOLD FOR ECLIPSE/TALON - Punishment Racing). They seem to be the same price, and both T3 manifolds with provisions for a 38mm wastegate. I plan to order one of these two at the end of next week to go with my HX35. I don't see hardly ANYTHING about the Punishment manifold or any reviews. And this OBX manifold seems to be pretty new.

I'm doing a side exit exhaust so I could careless about the downpipe issue. But can't tell how close it'll be to the oil dipstick. I have the T3 BEP .70 housing with the 3 inch v-band flange. Wish there were more reviews on each so I could make up my mind. Decisions decisions.

Only picture I've even seen of Punishment's budget manifold...

I have used this one before it borke on me twice in two separate spots. the bracket from the flange to the wastegate broke.

It fits. Not bad for $169. We'll see if it cracks.....

I have a similar paint scheme on a panda 1ga as well with that manifold. Our bays will look alike.

It fits. Not bad for $169. We'll see if it cracks.....

Sweet!!! Now if only they'll list another one cause I checked yesterday and they didn't have that one :-( I wanna order one on Friday.

Damn your right, they are all gone.

I better make some OBX windshield stickers.

I dunno who you got yours from but I sent the guy a message from the link I posted earlier to see if he has/can get more. I figure if he had one, he can get more, and if I'm a buyer ready to make a purchase, then he'd make it happen. If he's trying to earn a buck anyway. Guess we'll see what happens. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Good to hear. I should have mine mounted this week. Just figuring out lines and piping.

I have an entire engine to put back together, transmission to put back together, exhaust system to build, etc., etc., etc. So mine might be awhile (hopefully next month. Hoping hoping hoping) before it's back together. Money and time is holding me up. But luckily, I only need about another $700 to complete it though.

The mani's you guys have are different than the one in the link on the first page. Look how much more centered the turbo is. The ones you guys got put it farther to the passenger side. Good thing, cause I doubt you could get a dp made for the one in the link in the first page.

The mani's you guys have are different than the one in the link on the first page. Look how much more centered the turbo is. The ones you guys got put it farther to the passenger side. Good thing, cause I doubt you could get a dp made for the one in the link in the first page.

its angle of the picture

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back