The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support STM Tuned

Nord lock washers

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AWD-Tony

Proven Member
Sep 11, 2017
Cincinnati, Ohio
Does anyone run nord lock washers on their turbos? Thinking about getting them for manifold bolts and O2 housing. Currently have the oem conical washers and standard FP hardware for manifold to head. They tend to loosen up after a little driving.

Stud the 4 bolts on the turbo and the o2 housing. You'll benefit two ways:

1) The nuts don't come loose
2) You'll never need to worry about breaking bolts off in the turbine housing should the turbo need to be removed for any reason.

Stud the 4 bolts on the turbo and the o2 housing. You'll benefit two ways:

1) The nuts don't come loose
2) You'll never need to worry about breaking bolts off in the turbine housing should the turbo need to be removed for any reason.

That’s not a bad idea. Thanks Jus! Might grab these lock washers for manifold to head then.

I use normal conicals (non oem) on my turbo and o2 but i am on stud and nut i made for it. Nothing come loose

I have nord locks on my calipers as they came with them and certainly do have a good amount of resistance when undoing them. So they wont come loosr once done up, not in a car anyway

My car is strange I dont even use washers or anything. Just the bolts and I usually check once a week and so far its been holding torque for a month. I do like the idea of going all stud though. It may make removing the exhaust manifold more annoying though.

My car is strange I dont even use washers or anything. Just the bolts and I usually check once a week and so far its been holding torque for a month. I do like the idea of going all stud though. It may make removing the exhaust manifold more annoying though.

Interesting.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back