The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support ExtremePSI

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

custard459

Probationary Member
Jul 12, 2023
Detroit, Michigan
Hey everyone,

I have an issue with getting spark to my 1g Talon TSI AWD auto. Are there any common issues that prevent getting spark? Any ideas on where I should start? Fuses? Crankshaft position sensor?

I know that this one doesn’t have a distributor.
Any ideas would be helpful I’m not very good with the electrical.

Hey everyone,

I am working on a 1g Talon and I’m not getting any spark. Everyone suggested I check the ECU, and that is working perfectly fine. And it’s all 4 of the spark plug wires are not getting any spark, Any ideas?

I heard that the crank angle sensor could be an issue or the coil/transistor, how would I go about checking that?
Is it also worth checking the grounds in the engine bay or is that a waste of time?

What did you verify?
FYI 1g does not have a crank sensor.
Only a cam sensor which functions for both. Did you check the ignition transistor and connector yet?
Sitting 20 years ecu would be my highest suspect.

What did you verify?
FYI 1g does not have a crank sensor.
Only a cam sensor which functions for both. Did you check the ignition transistor and connector yet?
Sitting 20 years ecu would be my highest suspect.
When checking the ECU I used the old analog multi meter to check the diagnostic readings and it came out with the reading that there are no issues. I haven’t had a chance yet to check the transistor/connector yet. And my bad yes the cam angle sensor

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back