The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support Rix Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

2G Looking at a Talon TSI AWD, no spark 2&3

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

phirewire

Probationary Member
Feb 4, 2013
kutztown, Pennsylvania
Looking into buying this talon and seller list this:

"I have a 1995 eagle talon tsi all wheel drive that I'm looking to sell. I got it on a trade and was screwed over because the previous owner told me it just needed put back together so I put it back together and now it's not getting spark on cylinders #2 and #3. although I did a lot of research and its a pretty common problem with these. I just don't have time or patience for it and I really just need something I can drive daily. Thats really the only problem with it. You may call or text me at 717-305-0917 for pics and questions. I also have a lot of receipts and a manual that came with the car.

Mods:
Evo III 16g turbo
Aem pillar gauges which include voltage, oil pressure, and air/fuel.
Fairly new full 3 inch apexi turbo back exhaust
Ebiach springs
Tokiko struts
Hks turbo timer
New headgasket
New spark plugs
New spark plug wires"

Is it a big problem or is it a simple fix? Is the car worth 2k?

Thank You.

You could test the coils before buying it. Fire up the car pull off the plug wire and hold it close to something metal. If it doesn't arc you know its a dead coil/plug wire. Should be super easy fix!

Or check it with a ohm meter between 2-3 it should have high resistance but not ol.

Wouldn't the coil pack cause it since 2&3 run off the same pack since it's a waste spark? I highly doubt two companion cylinders have damaged plugs or wires. Also I'm curious how to check the transistor for future reference.

If something this minor is the cause of a car sell I would be very careful.

Think about it for a second...he's selling a fairly rare car, with upgrades, for almost nothing....something doesn't sound quite right....but good luck, hope it turns out good :)

Sounds like a lot of DSM owners who can't handle the car. They get tired and sell it for next to nothing to just be rid of it.

Probably the coil pack. I'd buy the car and get to work.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back