The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

Need help dialing in setup/troubleshooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Did your AEM unit have a sensor + and - to wire into the ECU? That what mine has. May be testing that today. The LC2 is a one wire signal straight off of the gauge wire so they always match. :thumb:

Did your AEM unit have a sensor + and - to wire into the ECU? That what mine has. May be testing that today. The LC2 is a one wire signal straight off of the gauge wire so they always match. :thumb:
My AEM uego has a 0-5 v output that’s a white wire and a serial output that’s a blue wire. The white wire gets soldered into ecu front o2 pin. You then set the pin in link for the front o2 and simulate narrow band. If you use the uego it has a problem logging with link, so you have to log it as a user defined linear wideband. You then add LinWideband to your captured values and adjust the preferences. There’s a couple settings to change to the right of the options (min volts, min lamboda, max volts, and max lamboda). I used these setting and it now logs within .1 of the actual reading on the gauge.

Min volts 0.00 / min lamboda 0.65
Mac volts 4.99 / max lamboda 1.32

I was about to order an LC1 and was about to remove my AEM wb and discovered I had previously soldered the 5v data cable in two places and it had come undone at the second spot... @Vegas smith was right.

After I hooked it back up it still doesn’t idle correctly back to the rich condition but with a new CEL this time. (Finally got rid of p1500) now it’s throwing p0505. Adjusting the BISS started to have no affect. Pretty sure the BISS O ring is pulling vacuum, new screw and O ring should come today. I just pulled off the throttle body to do throttle seals and tested the IAC coils as well and got 26 ohms when cold. now that it’s been in the house and warmed up it’s testing at 27.8 - 28.8 ohms. At least the coils are not burned out I guess.

I don't want to sidetrack this good thread, but do either of you guys know what model AEM WB this looks like? It just came with the car, no box no directions. This unit has a white + and brown or purple (hard to tell) - along with an array of other wires that seemed to be for serial inputs to a computer or something like that. Powers up and works, but I don't have the sensor installed yet (can't get the old one to budge). Has what looks like the same sensor for my LC2. Same plug.
Again, I apologize for the interruption and thank you for your knowledge!
You must be logged in to view this image or video.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Nice, I believe I have the AEM 30-4110 which also uses the Bosch 4.9 sensor. I think the main differences between the two are that your gauge actually has an air calibration and a CANbus output for the AEMnet system(allows you to daisy chain and Data-Log multiple controllers)
I’ll be interested to see how well your gauge interfaces with DSMLink. Maybe despite the differences in gauges similar linearWb settings preferences will still be needed.

I appreciate it guys!

Recently got the car back together and mobile, but im having trouble getting my baseline tune dialed in correctly using the basic info on the ecmlink wikki and Nox Vidmate VLC from here. I have very limited experience so im not sure what to change to get smooth idle and free revs back inline.

its struggling to idle, combined ft is out of wack as well as my fuel trims. under partial throttle out of gear it goes full rich throughout the rpm band but operates normally under load on the road. im not having success messing with deadtime or the mafcomp sliders. Any and all input would be helpful, here is a log of whats going on
TB witch is also possibly not sealing because it’s the oem unit

Last edited:
Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back