The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support STM Tuned

Help dialing in WOT

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

92tsifwd

15+ Year Contributor
Feb 1, 2004
Hastings, Nebraska
I have a 1g 90 Talon TSI awd am running 12.0.1 a/f ratio in the 4500-5500 rpm range. I just calibrated the wideband. I am getting 1-2 counts of knock. In the upper 6k and up it goes to 11.0 which is what the af ratio is set for in the chip. There are no boost leaks. I was running 43.5 psi base pressure and idle was about right but my cruise was rich so I went down to 38psi and now it runs great at around 14.7.1 idle and cruise but wot is 12.2.1. I have the 1000cc Delphi injectors and they are set at 947cc in the eprom and my deadtime is at 312 added deadtime. How is the actual a/f ratio off so far from the target a/f ratio and how do I go about correcting it? I am trying to get at 11.0.1 for pump gas. I noticed also today my stock o2 sencor is slow to cycle and now most of the time it does nothing. I also got a code 11 today for the o2. Does this have anything to do with wot?

What are you using to tune?

You mentioned chip, but you need to be more specific here.

Adjusting base pressure is not going to fix your problem. Especially not going down. You are running too lean which is causing you knock. Lowering base pressure lowers it at all rpm points and would cause you to run leaner. Raising it, raises it at all points and would cause you to run richer.

Also, for 1000cc injectors, a deadtime of 312 seems low imho.

Stock 02 sensors are always slow to cycle as are all narrowband 02 sensors.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back