The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic
Please Support ExtremePSI

Drag Race Build my journey to a 9sec street car

Year
Model/Trim
Eagle Talon TSi AWD

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
Updates from yesterday:

not as much done this weekend that I’d like but had a busy weekend.

You must be logged in to view this image or video.

Parachute is mounted. Gonna have to make some changes to the mount. Either making it removable or making a mount for the plate so it’s not hidden. Next is getting the dash in. Already got my body saw to cut into the dash.

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
Dash is in. Even got the speaker grill to fit in there as well.

gonna finish the dash stuff up then moving on to the rest of the interior parts

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
so the fiancee and i got to talking over the weekend joking about this stimulus check we are getting for covid-19. shes getting the motor currently in my car to swap into her genesis coupe. we were talking about finishing my aluminum rod engine and i jokingly said id use the corona check to buy the cylinder head parts for it. she replied with an ok.. so currently looking into building another cylinder head.

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
Cage looks good. One comment. Flip your chute cable bracket mount bolts. You'll cuss if you are working inside the car and stick the threads into the back of your head. Plus it will look more finished that way.
i didnt think about that but makes total sense LOL ill swap them around this weekend. thanks for that

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
soo i got my b pillar panels cut to fit. theyre cut a little more than id like but this was the best i could do with what i had (they had a crack going through where it needed to actuall be cut so i imporvised until i get another set) going to get them, back seats, nitrous bracket and try to get the dash wrapped up this weekend.

also got the first package in to start building the cylinder head for the new engine.

going to order valves next and then drop the head off to get machine work done and parts installed.

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
Got the rest of the interior in thanks to my fiancée helping

got a few more things to do then it’s 100% ready for the track and some cruising.

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
also went ahead and pulled the trigger on a set of antilag racing street wilwood brake brackets to build my own front drag brake setup through work.

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
Couple more things added to the interior

Using the rivnuts to bolt the nitrous bottle bracket down. Also got the passenger harness in but got to grab a fresh driver harness from work this weekend and get it installed.

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
Picked up a few things at work today.

Also decided to order my rear Wilwood brackets from antilag racing. Super stoked to get those parts together and get on the car.

OH91awd

Proven Member
Sep 22, 2011
chillicothe, Ohio
Little more done today

Nitrous bottle bracket mounted-ish. The flange on the bolts I got aren’t big enough so need to get some washers to finish bolting it down.

also threw in a new set of harnesses in the drivers seat since my old set was expired.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds