The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support STM Tuned
Please Support Morrison Fabrication

My fuse box relocation (project log)

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

That looks pretty sweet :rocks: Autocad kicks MSpaint's butt!

Hopefully I can get the whole fuse box harness torn down tonight, then I can send you pictures of all the connectors and better pictures of the maps.

This is a PDF and I think it's better. I'm trying to work out how to make it have a grey background or the like because it's hard to see yellow over a white background, and they use more yellow than grey in the harness. Eric, see if you can really lay the harness out flat with it kind of like how I drew it, and take a good hi res picture.

Also, the pics of the connector look pretty good, and if you have to take more, try and get a shot of it from pretty much straight above like how I drew it. If you can take a second picture at a slight angle, that's great too. I had to guesstimate on the actual dimensions, but it's close.

Attachments

• Notional Wiring Harness.pdf
    11.6 KB · Views: 474
Not much to update on. I put the wiring on hold to work on some other things. The past few days I've worked I have been cleaning parts to prep them for media blasting and powdercoating. Cleaning parts is fun...not.

Anyway, here are some more pictures for your viewing pleasure.

IMG_4253.JPG

IMG_4254.JPG

IMG_4255.JPG

IMG_4256.JPG

IMG_4259.JPG

IMG_4261 cropped.jpg

IMG_4265.JPG

IMG_4266.JPG

IMG_4267.JPG

IMG_4270.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of them do, but my next door neighbor is kind enough that he let me store my bumper, fenders, dash, and seats in his basement.

NICE! :thumb:

I just saw the picture of the flood lamps lit up at probably (if you're anything like me) midnight! And just thought of what my neighbor must think when I have my glorious rays of halogen bouncing off her bedroom walls in the middle of the night!! ROFL

Haha, actually that night my brother and I stayed up until 2am tearing the motor down completely (we pulled the engine during the day). The neighbor across the street complained the next day that the lights were keeping her kids up. I usually try not to work too late, or at least keep it quiet if I do, but I really wanted to get the engine torn down.

Interesting thread. *subscribed*.

Please, for THE LOVE OF GOD, tell me you're going to get the car painted w/ how much it's stripped down! It's really the best time to paint a car if you think you'll EVER be interested in a new paint job.

Good luck!

I'm a poor college kid so no money = no paint. The paint is really in good condition though minus a few scratches. As it is right now the car won't be driveable until next summer when I can afford new hubs, knuckles, axles, and lower control arms. The axles are stuck in the hubs so I have to replace all that.

I'm a poor college kid so no money = no paint. The paint is really in good condition though minus a few scratches. As it is right now the car won't be driveable until next summer when I can afford new hubs, knuckles, axles, and lower control arms. The axles are stuck in the hubs so I have to replace all that.

Haha, I hear you on that. I'm in about the same stage as you are in a complete tear down. Only thing is that I didn't rip out the whole interior and wiring harness. Here is a quick summary of my progress. Of course, this was all in like a 6 month period. The thing is in my garage right now in about the same condition seen in the last pic. Lack of money, and a lot of engineering classes really slow my progress....

Attachments

• smaller.jpg
    smaller.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,960
  • smaller2.JPG
    smaller2.JPG
    84.6 KB · Views: 1,976
  • smaller3.JPG
    smaller3.JPG
    63.7 KB · Views: 1,963
  • IMG_0138.JPG
    IMG_0138.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 1,960
great work keep it up, it really is the best time to paint your engine bay if you plan on doing it , I preped mine took 2 days n spray painted after 1st coat took about a week to finish since i was so anal about it, its all about sanding and cleaning. I did my wire harness to.
DSC01066.jpg

There my engine bay a couple months ago, I don't have a camera anymore so.

I want to change my cam seals and clean all of my lifters. I think the easiest way to do this is to remove the cams. Opinions on this or any easier ways?

My brother and I took a trip to JNZ today to pick up my Mitsu order. OEM parts rock :rocks:

IMG_4945 (Small).JPG

IMG_4946 (Small).JPG

IMG_4948 (Small).JPG

IMG_4949 (Small).JPG

IMG_4953 (Small).JPG

IMG_4954 (Small).JPG

IMG_4955 (Small).JPG

IMG_4957 (Small).JPG

IMG_4960 (Small).JPG

IMG_4963 (Small).JPG

^^ I was just looking at my windshield wiper cover thing today thinking I need a new one. How much was that?

I don't care much for the new evos... I like the body style of that blue one in the pic.

The cowl itself was $30.32 but I bought all the little clips and stuff that go with it too.

MB881907 - Wiper cowl - $30.32
MR109909 (2) - Wiper cowl screws - $0.85 - $1.70
MB375995 (5) - Wiper cowl snaps - $0.83 - $4.15
MR109910 (2) - Wiper cowl clips - $0.85 - $1.70
MR109849 (2) - Windshield wiper cover - $0.27 - $.54
MB913064 – Windshield wiper cowl weather stripping and clips - $5.98

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back