The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

Please Support ExtremePSI
Please Support Fuel Injector Clinic

logging sensors in dsmlink and gauges

This site may earn a commission from merchant
affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jpmxrider489

10+ Year Contributor
Apr 4, 2010
pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
I am sort of curious what sensors other people are logging as well as what gauges you have in the car. My current gauges are all AEM. I have WB, boost, oil pressure, water temp, and volts. I am on SD and have dsmlinks kit for that. I am using their plug and play cable as well as the e85 kit. I am logging ECUBOOST so i dont need use a input for that. I have the MDP input available and I guess the rear o2.

I would like to have a gauge and or log something else. Curious what others are doing?I would like to have a way of looking at my fuel pressure, crankcase pressure, possibly oil temp? The reason I would like fuel and crankcase pressure is because of past related issues but those issues are fixed. What is good to have a gauge for and what else should I physically log as a input in link? I have all the important stuff in link.

This is more of a opinion thread.

I am in the school of thought that gauges are useless, and actually hurtful in many ways. Psychologically you shouldn't have anything in your car that distracts you from driving. I have never watched my wideband gauge through an entire pull... too much road flying by to focus on something that is being recorded for me.

I think you should stick to adding a fuel pressure sender. Autometer has a good one, 2246 I think. I have one and I am happy when I can rule out fuel pressure problems when things are looking wonky.

I am in the process of eliminating all of my gauges except the stock cluster. They serve no purpose and look ricey to me these days. I do however run a Defi ZD system with display. While I don't often look at the display, I do use the system for audible alerts when sensor data goes past a pre-programmed range. I no longer feel any temptation to be looking at gauges, because I know if anything major is going on, I will hear a loud, annoying electronic beep.

The defi system displays and does warning for RPM, boost pressure, oil pressure, water temperature, oil temperature, exhaust temperature, wideband AFR, fuel pressure, and maybe something else I am forgetting. It uses its own controller and sensors (not tied into ECU except RPM signal).

Look at you go slick!!! Pretty neat setup there!!!! :thumb:

I have read the thread about logging fuel pressure in link. I want to use the factory mdp. If I am using the SD plug and play harness, will that change anything involved using the mdp input? Since the tps,mdp, and something else use the same wire colors does that mean i only can log one extra sensor? Or is there another way to use more inputs like the rear o2, and factory boost solinoid. I would like to log crankcase pressure as well as oil pressure. Just not sure of the best route to take for this?

I have read through the link wiki as well as a handful of threads here. My wiring knowledge is very limited.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Fuel Injector Clinic Innovation Products Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing STM Tuned

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds

Back