The Top DSM Community on the Web

For 1990-1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse, Eagle Talon, Plymouth Laser, and Galant VR-4 Owners. Log in to remove most ads.

• Join the Community!

DSMtuners is a massive archive of DSM information - but more importantly, it's a COMMUNITY! Join in and participate with other DSMers, and invite all of your DSM friends to make this place their home. Chat with others, create a build thread, post questions and answers. Get involved! Logging in will also remove many of the advertisements, along with this notice. ;) It will also allow you to view images in threads.

Please Support Kiggly Racing
Please Support ExtremePSI

Street Build Junkyard GST

Year
Model/Trim
Mitsubishi Eclipse GST

95FullSend99

Proven Member
Dec 3, 2019
ledyard, Connecticut
Placed my @Archer Fabrications order this morning for short route intercooler piping. Already a good experiance as I checked out and didn't notice a shipping cost overcharge. Kyle, on the other hand, was on top of that shit and within 15 minutes of the order had reached out to me and issued a 300 and some change refund. It appears I clicked worldwide on shipping. Awesome dude.

95FullSend99

Proven Member
Dec 3, 2019
ledyard, Connecticut
Not much to update at this time.
Building a second cylinder head and going to swap out my current one once I'm done. Early on I made a few cheap mistakes that I'm going to correct. I also snapped a fuel rail bolt and I really want to get it out and have failed. So. New head. Performance partout is supplying the new head and extremepsi gave me all the supporting parts. Gunna give the head a quick port and polish but anyone who has ever done porting knows "quick" means like 12 hours of work.
Lastly, gunna finish running the power wires that I have been avoiding doing for some reason, installed.the ets intercooler, @Archer Fabrications is making me some intercooler piping that will go on, and lastly throw the ecu back in and give the key a turn.
Earlier this year I had redone must of the wiring in the car so let's hope the main 60amp fuse from B+ can stop blowing at key on.

95FullSend99

Proven Member
Dec 3, 2019
ledyard, Connecticut
Head is dropped off at the machine shop. This place is nuts. Trophies everywhere. Crazy CNC everything. Apparently they build and race new GTRs. And it's weirdly secluded. I attached a photo of the place. Not even a sign. With that, they have a rediculous hourly rate. 135 an hour. Woof. Place is called Larry's auto machine in CT.
Anyway, head is getting cleaned and they are removing a broken bolt. Broken bolt is hourly and they say it should only take a half hour but if I get a 300 dollar bill for 1 bolt I'm going to be pissed.
Yeah yeah yeah. Pay to play. Still expensive.
You must be logged in to view this image or video.

95FullSend99

Proven Member
Dec 3, 2019
ledyard, Connecticut
Few things have happened. Today I recieved the coolant resevuare (misspelled I know) that I ordered from Vamos Fab. Very high quality peice designed to fit perfectly with the intercooler piping that archer fab has shipped to me today.
I also shipped my cylinder head off to MAPerformance to be rebuilt. The head has a quality pocket port done to it and they are going to be doing all the typical head machine work aswell as new bronze ferrea valve guides, ferrea 6000 stainless valves, and a valve job. All freshly machined and assembled. Ready for me to slap my cams in and send it.

95FullSend99

Proven Member
Dec 3, 2019
ledyard, Connecticut
Alright. I'll admit it. I'm a little nervous. My head is in a different state and I'm nervous. At a shop I have never had anything worked on for alot of money and I'm nervous. Hope this goes well. First time I have had my shit worked on like this. I have always done everything myself or local.

95FullSend99

Proven Member
Dec 3, 2019
ledyard, Connecticut
So a chunk of time has gone by. My head got back within 2 weeks and was immaculate. If you are on the fence about sending a head to maperformance, don't be nervous. They do good work.
Just about everything is installed now. I'm currently waiting on a coupling to come in from Amazon and then oil and coolant which I'm picking up today. Them I have to run a few grounds and try to start.
We shall see this weekend if my car comes alive or blows up in my garage.

Support Vendors who Support the DSM Community
Boosted Fabrication ECM Tuning ExtremePSI Feal Suspension Fuel Injector Clinic Jacks Transmissions JNZ Tuning Kiggly Racing Morrison Fabrications MyMitsubishiStore.com OHM Racing Raven Fabrication RixRacing RockAuto RTM Racing SouthBay Fuel Injectors STM Tuned VR Speed Factory

Latest posts

Build Thread Updates

Vendor Updates

Latest Classifieds